Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this most likely belongs in the off topic section - but I figured I would put it in "Canada" since I is one!

So I get home from an 11 hour day at my new store - have a quick bite and then head out to put up the Christmas lights cause my 6 year old asked "Dad how come all the other houses on our street have their lights up?" - Any way - I finish that - go inside - get ready for bed - about 10:30 pm - and my alarm company phones - cause some useless sack of s#*t has decided that he needs $10,000.00 worth of my snowboard jackets and pants more than my store does - so he/they break the front door and help them selves.
Happy f'n house warming to my new 3 week old store!

Sorry for the vent / rant - but it's 5:00 am and I am still at the store - with no front door - cause the glass guy wanted and EXTRA $450.00 for an "emergancy" job.

What happened to due unto others . . . . - that's what my Dad taught me!

Thanks for your time!
Bad people should burn in hell!

·
Registered
280 Posts
This suck!

Im very sorry for you.

I can imagine...specialy if you just hopened the store...:-(
saddly...i have to say that it is pretty frequant.... i know lots of bike shop and snowboard shop that got busted(some many times)... specialy wen they are "fresh" open...

I know that i will have at least 2 or 3 Doberman in my shop wen we open in spring. I think its going pretty clear that nobody will get out of the shop alive if thye are not welcome...LOL...the company will be call Dobermann...hehe

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
78 Posts
I work at a shop that was broken into. They came in, not through the front door, but tried to go out that way. We have two skiis we criss cross in front of the door, maybe 5 feet in front, and he ran into them, and broke his ribd. When the police showed up, he was lying on the floor with product all around.

Just thought I would let you know they can get busted, and also to say, good luck with it all. Where is your shop?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My shop is in Edmonton.
Thanks for the "bad people suck" theme.
I have been in business for about 14 years (8 of them with my own shop)
I just never get over what losers some people are.

Good thing we sell Red Bull - I am going on 27 hours awake right now.

WRC

·
Registered
176 Posts
Warren,

Never ceases to amaze what people will do to others who are simply trying to make a living and do well for their family and (hopefully) retire one day with $$$ in the bank.

My thoughts and rants are with you, and YES, it will come back to bite them in the ars eventually!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I managed to make it through the night with no "repeat visits" - lots of times if 'they' get awayy clean 'they' come back the next night for a repeat visit.

So after $900. ish worth of new glass and locks etc. I hope I am safe.

Did manage to set a personal record - I was awake for just over 40 hours.
Oh yea and another personal record - 7 cans of Red Bull in 20 hours !

Thanks
Warren

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
>
>Sorry to hear about the theft - I feel for you.
>
>But 7 cans of Red Bull in 20h? You're a newbie. Come on the
>One Lap of America.
>
>ACP
>Flirting with the laws of physics.

Just straight Red Bull - no vodka was involved - THAT is a totally different record which I don't want to attempt to beat anytime soon - it involved being at a trade show party - in Florida - an open bar - 24 cases of 12 - 40oz bottles of vodka - Red Bull sponsoring the event - and me as one of the "guest" bartenders! - I am amazed I can still drink the stuff.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Shee-it...is that much Red Bull safe to drink in such a short period?

And where do you buy it in Edmonton? I can't seem to find it anywhere, but I've only been to Save-On and Safeway (ie, where I saw it in Calgary).

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
>And where do you buy it in Edmonton?

Easy Rider Snowboard Shop ... now with an inconvenient Drive through service ;-) (had to)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Badoom-boom-ching!

Warren, what's your shop's address and will you be there Saturday? I wanna get some Red Bull before I'm down in Calgary next week - assisting with a long trial. Those things can get quite tedious, so I will need all the help I can get staying awake! :)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Easy Rider
4211-106 Street
Edmonton
(in Whitemud Crossing strip mall)

(and the "drive through" front door has been fixed now - thank you very much!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
man that sucks I hate it when people that have no respect mess with other peoples stuff. Especially when it's something they have worked very hard for. A friend of mine's snowboard shop always used to get broken into here all the time it was rediculous. Get some sleep man.
Hopefully you catch the little bastards.

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
Only 7 Red Bull? I went on a Red Bull photoshoot in Utah once, and we woke up at 5am to get the sunrise. Before noon we had demolished a case between four of us. We were giggling like little school girls all day long haha. So glad its in Canada now.

W

·
Registered
280 Posts
im hook to the original version that you can get in the chinatown groceries
i find it much more efficiant... much better taste(wen cold). and cheaper...

i was introduce to this thing by a mecanic that i used to work whit...he was from Laos....man..2 of these and a big coffe ? and i was laughing on my one...

i usualy pick up few 10 pack of these before we go to rally...wen we drive on "cost to cost" trip i usualy get a box of 50 :)

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
>Only 7 Red Bull? I went on a Red Bull photoshoot in Utah
>once, and we woke up at 5am to get the sunrise. Before noon
>we had demolished a case between four of us. We were
>giggling like little school girls all day long haha. So
>glad its in Canada now.
>
>W

Okay - so a case is 24 - there were 4 of you - that equals 6 each - I still win! :7

1 - 20 of 25 Posts