Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If speed factor is going to determine your starting position, then what is the sense of even having a seeding system? Kinda useless, isn't it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thi sisn't about any particular driver. I'm just saying, if we are going to use the speed rating system now, then the seeding system is pointless. it means absolutley nothing.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Glade someone brought this subject up, I'm thinking the same thing-what's the point of seeding? Is the new system based on "go like hell and crash out VS drive fast and finish??" Lets face it if someone is really fast but fails to finish who wants to be next on the road behind them? Seems to me I remember a time not so long ago where if someone crashed to much they got told "one more and your out", usally slowed 'em down for awhile.

Anyhow if someone in the know could explain the logic behind it I'm sure it would make some sense.:+

Thanks Roger for the "proof".:*

·
Registered
222 Posts
Damn good question!

> Is the new system based on "go like hell and crash out VS drive fast and finish??"

I wonder... Since the new system only exists in the mind of John McArthur right now, I guess the answer is "we'll see". I'm not sure I want some loony driving over his head either in front of me OR behind me! But if I'm about to start a 20 mile stage with a fast guy in an EVO following (or a P car on the road in front), I'm damn well going to have a chat with him before the stage about passing.

I think good rally manners eliminates this problem entirely in the middle seeds, and the top guys get 2 min anyway.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
RE: Damn good question!

The seeding system is used to create the initial start order...seed, then car class, as the rulebook and RFOs specify. The speed factors will be used to determine anomalies in that initial order.

Stewards do this now...moving cars around in the start order to eliminate unsafe situations. The speed factor is a tool to help make this more objective.

The seed list remains important because it uses a larger statistical universe.

Bruce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts