Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended STPR with my son Patrick and had a wonderfull time. It was good to see my old rally buddies like JB Niday, Al Kintigh, Colin McSpeedy(McCleary),Mike Bodnar, Paul Truess and a bunch more guys from the Minnesota gang. This is what our rallies are all about. Racing hard and being with your friends. We should all consider us lucky that we have the oppurtunity to do what we love!! By the way, young Mr. Patrick got his picture taken with Seamus Burke. He was very kind. It was his big thrill for the weekend, except for watching Mr Drislane run over that gas pipeline marker. Whew, it was large!! Looked like Tommi M. on the Rally of Argentina!

Mike Burke
Irish Volunteer Motorsports

·
Registered
274 Posts
So when can I shanghai young Mr. Patrick to come co-drive?
;)

Glad to see folks having fun. I myself never realised how
awfully boring spectating can be. Especially dry.
Thanks to the Irish crowd for helping me out in that
department. ;)

Ed

G

·
Yep, it's all about the people--that's why I enjoy it so much. Even at STPR, where I didn't have a ride, it was still good fun. I got a chance for an extended visit with Lee and Lee, and a chance to work with Don and Matt while we all crewed Leslie/Doc and Pablo/Mark, and a chance to visit with a lot of friends that I don't normally see except at the eastern events.

I hope to see you all at another rally soon.

---------------------------------------
John Dillon John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Being my typically self-absorbed and thoughtless self, I didn't thank you for the help, John. So.....THANKS!

(Never mind that you and the old folks bailed out for a steak dinner on Sat PM, and didn't bring one for the drivers and co-drivers..........not that I'm complaining...at least not much.....)

Mark B. :) :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts