Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· don't cut
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The White House put out a report (pdf) today that says the US is already feeling its impact. It also spells out the conditions that your grandchildren and their grandchildren may someday face." Jane Lubchenco, NOAA Administrator, said, "I really believe this report is a game changer. And this report demonstrates, provides the concrete scientific information that says unequivocally that climate change is happening now."

http://downloads.globalchange.gov/usimpacts/pdfs/climate-impacts-report.pdf

Beware, it is a 13MB file.

· don't cut
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Selected quotes:
Observations show that warming of the climate is unequivocal. The global
warming observed over the past 50 years is due primarily to human-induced
emissions of heat-trapping gases. These emissions come mainly from the
burning of fossil fuels (coal, oil, and gas), with important contributions from
the clearing of forests, agricultural practices, and other activities.

Warming over this century is projected to be considerably greater than
over the last century. The global average temperature since 1900 has risen
by about 1.5ºF.

· don't cut
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two important natural factors also influence climate:
the Sun and volcanic eruptions.

the Sun’s energy output (as measured by satellites
since 1979) has followed its historical 11-year cycle
of small ups and downs, but with no net increase
(see figure page 20).16 The two major volcanic eruptions
of the past 30 years have had short-term cooling
effects on climate, lasting 2 to 3 years.17 Thus,
these natural factors cannot explain the warming of
recent decades; in fact, their net effect on climate
has probably been a slight cooling influence over
this period. Slow changes in Earth’s orbit around
the Sun and its tilt toward or away from the Sun
are also a purely natural influence on climate, but
are only important on timescales from thousands to
many tens of thousands of years.

· don't cut
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I did not forget any thing. I did not write the report. However, as you can see, polar shift is a pseudo-scientific phenomonon:
In 2012 the next polar reversal will take place on earth. This means that the North Pole will be changed into the South Pole. Scientifically this can only be explained by the fact that the earth will start rotating in the opposite direction, together with a huge disaster of unknown proportions.

"In my books I reveal the immense cataclysm that is going to torment the earth in the near future. It is presently assumed by most people and the general scientific world at large, that the rotation of the Earth is stable, however, as expounded in my previous works on this subject, this is not the case. The gruesome reports of the previous catastrophes should, hopefully, be clear to all.

The historical exploration of cosmology in previous books is founded on the translation of hieroglyphs, cracking of codes, unveiling of the magnetic reversal of the sun, study of old maps, decoding of astronomical clues, geological research, and the discovery of the most exciting archaeological find in modern times.
Considering these I came to the following conclusions:

1. With clock-like regularity, sudden reversals and pole shifts are natural to the Earth. The result is worldwide destruction, and is supported by paleo-magnetic evidence and early manuscripts.
2. The reversal of the poles is attributed to the harmonic cycle of the magnetic fields of the sun.
3. Polar reversals can be calculated precisely on the basis of the sunspot cycle theory or the magnetic field theory, which the Maya and the Old Egyptians were privy to. These secrets are contained in the Labyrinth of Hawara, a huge complex consisting of three thousand rooms. "

http://www.survive2012.com/geryl1.php

In other words, truely propaganda. I love the part about the secrets being contained in the Habyrinth of Hawara, a huge complex.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.