1 - 3 of 3 Posts
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night at 7:46 pm, Fox News Channel showed several
shots with a commentary from the first day of the WRC Uddeholm
Rally Sweden.

What is the world coming to?

(First day average speed was 69 MPH. The winning average
on the fastest stage today - Stage 12 - was 73.3 MPH.
With huge studs, but on snow, ice and gravel nonetheless.
Clearly, rallying at 45 MPH average is not the only way to do it.)

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
That's part of the beauty of rallying. The speeds can vary so much. I love stages that have low average speeds because your working so hard and car control and set up has such a huge impact. On the other side at higher speeds everything is multiplied. Both are a blast. Higher speed ones are fun but the tight twisty technical are what I love. I was mad last night when I went to listen to Rally Radio on WRC.com and listen to the start of day 2 only to find out that they've converted it to a subscription service for 40 GBP a year. Guess I'll just have to wait and watch it on Speed. Looks like its a close race though.

·
So long & thx for all the fish
362 Posts
>
>What is the world coming to?
>
I had the same thought watching Sports Center Sunday night. In their "Highlights of the Week", or whatever they call, in between all the college hoops and Pro Bowl (people watch the Pro Bowl??) there was a 3/10 of a second clip of the 307 at speed. While not much, it was the same amount of time they devoted to NASCAR. (Not even a shot of competiton, just a shot of Dale Jr. getting into his car.)

Just like last summer when the Los Angeles Times sport section had a shot of Gronholm at Cypress or Turkey as the "1,000 words" photograph of the day.

Jonathan Schiller

1 - 3 of 3 Posts