Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Results show him out after stage 4, but no mention of him in the updates. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Carl

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
Ramana was in fact quite on the road, which was bad enough until he decided to open his door about 4 seconds before we passed him. As I prepared to wing him he dove back in and closed the door which left us with about 1/3 of the road to work with. Once again the Evo defied the laws of physics by squeezing through a slot that was about a foot narrower than the car and not getting a scratch.

Ramana, dude, sorry about almost killing ya. But with four HID's and a 3 inch exhaust, I don't think we exactly snuck up on you??

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
803 Posts
well,

we hit them, we were the next car and they were on the right side in the bank. We cut way off the road to avoid them, like half the car was cutting fresh tracks on the left, and hit a hidden rock underneath which popped us back towards their car (the road was well cambered towards them, and you know what happens on the slippy corners). Our wing mirror, theirs, I know their left front fender and left front wheel all got hit. Their left front wheel, prior to the hit, was pointing inwards towards the turn (to the left). The rear tracking on our car was well out after that. We thought that there was a lot of body damage to our car, but in fact, there wasn't very much at all ! It wasn't a 'light' hit, all the impact was on their left front wheel. Maybe because their steering was broken (before this happened ?) it softened the impact.

I felt a bad about this, we really did try to avoid them but the camber plus rocks underneath on the left made it very difficult. Sorry man !

P.S. Ramana was behind his car at the time, I think trying to put out a triangle. He wasn't in any danger where he was when we went by.

-pat

·
Registered
582 Posts
Pat - You know you were gunning for them...;) Just kidding. :p

I wish Ramana didn't have those problems because I would have loved to see a good fight with the rest of the top guys.

Congrats again Pat on a great victory. :)

Cheers!
-mykr.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi everybody,

Unfortunately we had steering rack failure. The steering wheel was actually turning around and around with no resistance! We had zero control over where the car stopped.

After getting tagged by a couple of cars and getting away with only a broken mirror and dented LF fender, I figured we were lucky not to incur more damage. We tried to devise some way to get off the very narrow bit of road we were on but we didn't have much choice with the surrounding deep snow.

All I can say is that was about the most annoying and frustrating way I have ever gone out of a rally...

Ramana

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
I cant believe there wasnt more damage. We had about 5 inches of steerable room at best. Not good driving there on our part, just luck. I suspect the same for all.

Glad you werent hit by Dennis. GO get em in Oregon.

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
803 Posts
I didn't get to see you after ramana, but like I said, sorry for the hit I really didn't think we were going to hit and then BANG.

If you really want to get frustrated, wait for the exact same thing to break six times in a row... even though 'no really this time its good'

-Pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts