Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
He asked for numbers, not names. I don't know what font the numerals are, but they, as I'm sure you know, are not 2" Helvetica.:)

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts
My understanding (I've never personally entered a car) is that the numbers are provided by SCCA, so the font is not an issue on cars using the visual identification package (required of all ProRally entries and all ClubRally entries in ProRally events).

For ClubRally cars not using the visual identification package, the only requirement is so:

> D. If the official SCCA ClubRally visual identification package
> door panels or numbers are not used,the numbers must have a
> background which extends at least two inches beyond the numbers
> and lettering,that is of a uniform contrasting color. Car
> numbers must be a minimum of eight inches high,with a one and
> one-fourth-inch stroke. Both the car numbers and class
> identification must be of uniform color and in contrast to the
> background.

Doesn't say anything about font.

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland
"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." -- Isaiah 45:22

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well... Its quickly getting off topic but its more correct tosay that the graphics package is made available by SCCA. I believe you are entitled to one set of VIP decals per year, any more and you have to buy them.

Though I think the digits are included with the backer.

If I get my hands on one of the type style books our marketing department has, I'll look it up.

JB

·
don't cut
4,073 Posts
>Can anyone confirm one set per year? I have never heard that
>and I've paid for every one I've gotten.

Me too. And the price seems to go up with the 2nd and 3rd sets.
Richard Miller

·
Registered
62 Posts
I remember the very first set was included with the license whether pro or club. Since, we have had to pay for them. The set is still worth the money, IMO. It makes the car look nice.

CARS has gone to a specified number backer as well. They still give out car number based on start order but the package looks real nice as well.

Bruce Perry
#992 PGT P/4 Talon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts