Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have couple of people interested in my car who I don't personally know, is there a consensus on letting someone test drive your car? I am inclined to demo it for them, but would love to hear what others have to say. Also, other than bogus checks, what other scams are out there?

Thanks for your help,
Ward

·
Jct Motorsports &Collision
374 Posts
Ward I have had people intrested in my car and i Tell them no test pilots. I took them for about a 75% at speed ride. and did a few hard stage type starts and hard braking. If they look at the car two or three times i let them drive it on the streets NO dirt roads. They want to push the car they need to own it because if something happen you still own it and they could just walk away. CHRIS PUTZIER;)

·
The Scorpion King
678 Posts
Ward,

Never having sold a rally car before, I can't give personal experience, but if I were in a position to buy your car at the moment I would think that a reasonable deposit (like $10K to the full price) combined with a reasonably safe place to try it out (like the open area at Tim's school) would be fair, along with a half hour trip on the interstate. Trying it out on a real stage-like road seems unecessary if someone is really just trying to make sure that there are no hidden drivetrain or auspension issues.

Still thinking about G2?

--
John

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas so far. Actually John, I am going to take a break from rallying, I am thinking of racing Spec Miata next season, and I have a deposit on the new Honda CRF250... getting back to my roots.

Ward

·
Registered
265 Posts
First of all you have to determine how serious they are. Ask how they're paying for it, taking out a loan or paying cash. Ask what events they have in mind. Do they have a tow vehicle & trailer?

Of course, someone who cames halfway across the country to look at a rally car would probably be considered serious.

Take them for a ride, so you can show them the "special instructions". Every used car has all kinds of special instructions like: The heater only works on HIGH; or The turn signal lever is kinda wobbly, things that you don't remember until you're behind the wheel.

Then you might let them drive, while you ride along and show them more Special Instructions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts