Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to Join a Canadian Club for next year.
And have no idea which club.
Any recomendations out there ?
Eric T mentioned a good club in Montreal to me once,
But I cannot remember the name.

-Brian

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is a list of Canadian rally clubs at [link:www.carsrally.ca/Clubs.html|CARS Clubs]

I can put in a shameless plug for the [link:www.kwrc.on.ca|Kitchener Waterloo Rally Club]. $45 (Canadian) a year, less if you show up at events throughout the year (our membership rewards program)

Contact me if you want to join. martinl AT execulink DOT com

Memberships run from January to December.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Brian,
For what's worth I'm thinking of joining the Maple Leaf Rally Club. It's in the Toronto area. The fellow that I competed in Targa Newfoundland with is joining that club and I may run in some rallies in Ontario with him next year. By the way there's a brisk gravel rally coming up, the Lanark Highlands Rally in the Ottawa area that is interesting, same weekend as Covered Bridge. I hear that you're thinking about Tall Pines.

With the sad and disappointing year here in the northeast USA, the Canadian scene certainly looks attractive.

Steve McKelvie

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>I need to Join a Canadian Club for next year.
>And have no idea which club.
>Any recomendations out there ?
>Eric T mentioned a good club in Montreal to me once,
>But I cannot remember the name.

As a card-carrying member, I would have to recommend the West Coast Rally Association in British Columbia. Amazing people, great roads... What more could you want?

Cheers!

Ben

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>
>I need to Join a Canadian Club for next year.
>And have no idea which club.
>Any recomendations out there ?
>Eric T mentioned a good club in Montreal to me once,
>But I cannot remember the name.

La Licorne?

If you are planning to run the CdQ (the Quebec championship) for points, it probably should be a Quebec club. If you want to run the Ontario championship for points, it should be an Ontario club. If you aren't concerned about the points and just want to run, take your pick. I believe you get Pole Position with membership in a Quebec club (good rally coverage if you read french).

Adrian

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
I've belonged to both La Licorne (Quebec) and Maple Leaf (Ontario). If you don't speak French, I'd suggest an Ontario club.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was looking at the Kitchner/Waterloo club myself, as it looks like I will be moving back to Canada into the London area sometime next summer.

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
>As a card-carrying member, I would have to recommend the
>West Coast Rally Association in British Columbia. Amazing
>people, great roads... What more could you want?

Another plug for WCRA ...

alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts