Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for everyone using a Motec ecu in a rally car, any configuration, whether in US, Canada, or Europe.

Thank you,
Eric Burmeister
MAZDASPEED Rally Team USA

·
Registered
590 Posts
I know of a few running Autronic, but have not seen or heard of anyone using Motec over here.

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
34 Posts
Eric,
I bought Ramana's Open Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, which has a Motec brain (M-48?). I don't know that much about it despite the fact that I reprogrammed it to run a 34mm restrictor in Canada, and start more easily in cold conditions. I'd be glad to answer any questions I can.

Ward Ogden

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hi there,

Yup, my Audi UrQ is running Motec. Don't know much about it, but I believe it is running an older / previous generation of the M4. You could call the original owner/builder [Ron Wood at VW Specialties (714) 848-3766]. He'd probably be happy to answer any questions you may have.

What do you want to know / what info are you after ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my name is Peter Moodie Jnr. from Kingston Jamaica. I have become the MoTeC dealer for the Caribbean. I do not know of which cars that currently run MoTeC in the USA. That you would have to find out from MoTeC USA located in California. They are on the website www.motec.com.au . We have at least six cars presently in Jamaica not including road cars that are equipped with MoTeC. Two of which are leading the Rally Championship down here (mine and Gary Gregg's). They are both Evolution VI's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Audi UrQ

The Motec running in your car is set to 5 cyl or tricked to 10 cyl???

I'm courious since EFI is slated for next year for my 5 cyl car, and there isn't too many choices for odd cyl engines.

TIA,

CS

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all who responded! My issue is a very specific one that seems to have Motec USA and all of the roadrace guys baffled. I got in touch with some rally folks across the pond thanks to some of you and I think we have a solution. Will know for sure Sunday.

Thanks again,
Eric Burmeister
MAZDASPEED Rally Team USA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts