Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions that I hope can be answered in the negative:

1) The news here reports a large forest fire in the Lake Hughes area. Is this affecting the RIM roads?

2) There is another fire reported in the hills outside of Carson City. Does anyone know if it is in Guy Light's area? If so, is he ok?

·
Registered
521 Posts
As far as the Carson City fires I can tell you that the fires are on the West side of town and Guy lives on the Southeast side of town and is doing fine. The fires are now reported to be 50% contained which is much better than just 2 days ago. I live in the Southwestof Reno off Mt Rose Highway about 25 minutes from Guy's house, the smoke and ash floating around here has been quite crazy causing the main Hwy to Carson to be closed at times as well as the upper portion of Mt Rose going to Tahoe. The worst part of the fires are about 15 miles from me.

David

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks for the concern. The Pines Fire is close to the Liebre Mountain and Maxwell Stages of Rim. So far, still miles away and not up in the mountains yet. These stages are also used on our Gorman Ridge NASA RallySport event on August 21. If all goes well we should have no impact from the fire but we have made contingency plans to change the course if necessary.

We'll try to up date everyone if the fire reaches our stages. Pray for rain.

Ray Hocker
Chairman, Rim of the World Rally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts