Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Without a doubt the Coupe de Quebec is an excellent model for a rally series.
I just wanted the 'westerners' to know that the Western Canadian Championship is looking at something similar. We are trying to get all of our events to be either pace notes or organiser notes (jemba or otherwise) and we are looking at a number of other issues such as sponsorship and such.

in fact, if anyone out there has the time, skill or desire to help us bring things together PLEASE get in touch with myself, Andy Hayward, or Suzanne Stewart.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just remember that to do a successful championship you don't need to put a side the 4wd and 10 years+ car.... you only need to do like everywhere else...and make a class for each type of car....

if you want to put more "glamour" and promotion on one specific championship....let say the Gr2....Do It... its cool....but it doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice all the team that doesn't fit in the championship that you want to promote. a federation shutch as rally west or RSQ is suppose to help out and promote all the rally team not just the one that fit in there new concept....:(

even if i think RSQ is doing a good job and are working hard to make the 2wd championship go somewhere...im still VERY upset and totally against the way they decided to sacrifice the 4wd and the older car....the answer is often..."well...we cant make a omelet whit out braking eggs" ok....well whit all the time and money i invest in this...and i know its the same for the otter...it kind of suck real bad to be the broken egg.... one broken egg is to much....we are such a small group...a single team that we loose should be consider as a drama....it should not be part of the plan....

we should change rules to make it easier for everyone to keep rallying...not the opposite!

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to clarify, the WCRC will have open, p4, p3, p2+1 (combined), G2, and Dinosaur classes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts