·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
They did give us this:

2005 National Championship Schedule

Sno*Drift - Jan 28-29
Oregont Trail - Apr 23-24
STPR - June 4
Pikes Peak - June 23-35 (format to be determined)
Maine Forest - July 29-30
Ojibwe - Aug 26-27
Colorado Cog - Sept 17-18
Lake Superior - Oct 21-22

Any other news was that they should have some more information in the next few weeks and to watch the Rally America website.

Also, check their website for Club event schedules as well.

·
Registered
907 Posts
wonder if it is a championship worth doing, specialy for us west coasters. Nearest event to So Cal is 1000miles away and who knows if it will have any TV coverage. Too bad it could not have either, Wild West, RIM or even Prescott to balance it out.

-george

·
Registered
521 Posts
RE: tba

I had to leave early on Sunday so I couldn't stay for anything offical. I did get to speak with several members of rally America's staff and even had a brief chat with Doug and JB. All gave the impression that they would be interested in more events out west and that once the dust settled some that they would assist the Club level in our area. I've got roads in the bag and nowhere to go...
One thing I was told by more than one was that RIM was a big no.

David Hackett
Reno, NV

PS-First time in the U.P. and had a great time including coming home with some hardware!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

JB announced at the Awards Breakfast that Wild West is ready to come into the championship, but there are scheduling issues to be worked out. Watch the Rally-America site for future developments.

The next task will be to work on ClubRally schedules for the various divisions.

Bruce

·
Registered
907 Posts

It is really too bad about RIM, I think is the most marketable event for most teams, besides Pikes Peak.

I thought that people would be able to work out their differences, bit I guess not. Seems that the bigest problems are the insurance issues and Rally-America needs to protect their interest. my question is why is Rally - America would want to be involoved with event insurance in the 1st place. My thought was that RA would just market and coordinate a national championship and some sort of Club regional champioships and allow the events shop for their own coverage.

Hope thigns will resolve and we have haev events like RIM and WW on the calendar.

Any ideas how many events (if not all) will count toward the championship?

-george

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

As part of an organizing team I have never thought about shopping for our own insurance. I somehow don't think insurance would be cheaper for a stand-alone event.

Maybe this is worth looking into...

Mike

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts

>
>As part of an organizing team I have never thought about
>shopping for our own insurance. I somehow don't think
>insurance would be cheaper for a stand-alone event.
>
>
>Maybe this is worth looking into...
>
>Mike
This has always been an option with SCCA sanctioned events. Given our closed venue for the Rallye de Paris events, I am going to look into this.
RichardM

·
Registered
768 Posts
RE: Rim & WW

- RIM should be part of the National Championship. I hope it happens... Before RIM moved it was a great show with many non-rally people spectating. It also was easy and free to spectate.

- Wild West and RIM should be a week apart to get Mid West & East Coast teams to come and play in the West. It's long tow for only one rally.

- Also, they should agree to allow all licenses to all events. Right now the situation is very silly and sick. If a crew start to rally in California now they'll spend $ 300+ for licenses BEFORE turning a wheel in competition (SCCA membership, CRS membership, USAC membership, NASA membership, NASA RS membership, National Forest Pass and Hualapai Reservation Pass...). That's just for next TWO rallies!

- No wonder kids are "drifting away"....

- VARA, and all other Vintage groups, allow visiting drivers to compete with their own licenses. They either pay same entry as others or a lower one that does not include any championship points. This system works well for many "run-for-fun" teams. They also can run in any suitable class and have have their cars in any specs. Many ralliest care less to go for full championship, they just wanna have fun now and then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.