Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've been keeping my eye on the website waiting for a date announcement. Going to try to make it my first event as a driver.

Tim.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I wish that I could give a big affirmative, but several issues have delayed planning. Increased involvement with the Marcellus Shale gas play has complicated dealings with Waste Management. Personal/family/professional issues among those with the most responsibilities have taken their toll (house flooding, family hospitalization/medical concerns, new jobs, business expansions, etc.) Low turnouts the past two years are a liability that needs to be addressed. I am NOT saying that it will not happen, just explaining some of the predicating factors. I believe that there are issues that go beyond the rally, but I may be reading/inferring too much from situations I am not fully understanding. I know this doesn't really help anyone, but I wanted to communicate something, and to let folks know not to give up hope.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish that I could give a big affirmative, but several issues have delayed planning. Increased involvement with the Marcellus Shale gas play has complicated dealings with Waste Management. Personal/family/professional issues among those with the most responsibilities have taken their toll (house flooding, family hospitalization/medical concerns, new jobs, business expansions, etc.) Low turnouts the past two years are a liability that needs to be addressed. I am NOT saying that it will not happen, just explaining some of the predicating factors. I believe that there are issues that go beyond the rally, but I may be reading/inferring too much from situations I am not fully understanding. I know this doesn't really help anyone, but I wanted to communicate something, and to let folks know not to give up hope.
FWIW, I was told there was a 5 year commitment to do the event, irregardless (yes I know that's not a word) of the number of entries. This year might see more than 5. Lets hope for the best.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Bummer. :(

Wellsboro Winter Rally on hiatus for 2013
It is with a great deal of dismay that I have to report that Finger Lakes STPR® Motorsports LLC has decided not to hold the Waste Management Winter Rally in 2013.

This has been a fun, no frills rally held the last two years in February on the Waste Management Stages. This does not mean that we won't be back in 2014!

Time and money just ran out on us. We are focusing on the Waste Management Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally® presented by Citizen and Northern Bank for 2013.

Many thanks to our competitors that have come to play in the snow with us. We look forward to playing with them (and new competitors too!) again in 2014.

Meridith L. Croucher
Chair STPR®
Manager Finger Lakes STPR® Motorsports, LLC

·
Registered
570 Posts
TronDD has correctly reported the bad news (http://news.stpr.org/2012/12/wellsborowinterrally2013.html).

Don is also correct when referring to the 5 year commitment. However, given the time and effort expended to address recent national issues discussed in other threads, I hope everyone will extend some grace with respect to not following through on the commitment. As Meridith indicated look for a return in 2014, as the committee really enjoys the low key, low stress, "grassroots" event. In the interim, please pray for snowy winters!
:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's disappointing. Again, what was to be my first rally as a driver has been canceled. :( Maybe it's me?

But it's understandable. It'll be a rocky year for most events, I think. Hopefully it smooths out and the organizers and other resources don't get tapped out.

Tim.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sure now they have lots of snow now and no event. BUMMER!!!!!
100% unadulterated truth...:( Here's my son's Tiburon after returning from visiting family at Christmas:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts