Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to Ramana for placing 26th in The Rally New Zealand in his first ever WRC event.

From,

The Boston Crew!

Marty & Stew

·
Registered
40 Posts
Major kudos to Ramana :7 What an amazing run for the WRC 1st timer in New Zealand. I was following much of the rally live at Rally-Live ( http://rally.racing-live.com/en/ ) and am so unbelievably impressed at the result for our homeboy ... 26th overall, about 25 seconds behind 24th place STIG and only around 10 seconds behind 25th place GpA entrant Stokes ... AND 10th place in GpN, right behind WRC regular and legend Mr. Blomqvist :D A matter of fact, there was quite a battle the last 3 special stages with Ramana and Stig ! To just finish his 1st WRC event would be quite noteworthy, but to put in this kind of run with these results in his first attempt with the big dogs (with a new co-driver none-the-less) is headline stuff :) BTW, too bad P. Richard didn't make it past SS3, I am sure he would have also made it uncomfortable for many a WRC regulars as well ! Again, congrats to Ramana and his team.

Barry Wargula

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think I speak for the whole Trunkmonkey Racing crowd when I give ya' huge congratulations... awesome drive!

I think this is the beginning of US drivers getting competitive rides at the world championship level... if Rally Mexico ends up as a WRC round next year, with the crop of strong US drivers, I hope to see drivers like Ramana and other locals start the trip up the world champ ladder!

/Andrew

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Everybody,

Thanks for the kind words. What a rally! The roads were absolutely spectacular, such a pleasure to drive. The rally was definitely the most fun I have had in a rallycar for a long time!

I always knew I needed to learn alot when it came to making pacenotes and driving to them, I just didn't realize how much till now! I think my biggest weakness is learning how to accurately note the high speed stuff in order to keep maximum momentum up...

No huge dramas except for the bridge we hit on the first day. It was on SS5 and bent the right rear suspension, but we didn't lose too much time. The biggest problem we had was on the monster 59KM stage, SS 10. About halfway through the mic on Mike's intercom failed and I couldn't hear anything! He resorted to shouting as loud as he could and using hand signals when I couldn't hear him! Not fun, and I would say we lost at least a minute.

Other than that, my notes on day one and two weren't too bad. However, they were atrocious on the last day, as those were the first group of stages we recced.I had no confidence in them at all, but we got through it so I suppose I can't complain too much!

This post is way too long already so I'll just stop. Looking forward to Rim and the new car! See you all there!

Ramana

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Great stuff Ramana! I can tell you're still psyched, and you should be! I think we'd all like to hear more if you have more to stay. You're an English major, you should like that kind of stuff ;)

Find any other pictures of yourself? How was it talking to Petter and Tommi? And what about the ladies behind you? :7

Thanks,
Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts