Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulation to Pat Richard who is the new canadian champion.

Pat won the Voyageur Rally this weekend and with Sylvain Erickson's DNF, Pat clinched the championship...

Major disapointment for ACP who was leading by 24 seconds on Pat with just 2 stages to go. Don't know what happen but the results say "Engine".

Congrats to ACP for his 9 best times out of the 14 stages (he completed 12 of them). Way to go Andrew, very sorry for the DNF.

Half the field DNFed.

Results can be seen here:
http://www.rallyscoring.com/results/resu2002/voyageurs2002/index.htm

Pou

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not bad for a guy who joined our club just 4 years ago, did a novice TSD, thought that was too slow so caged his Subaru and finished 5th O/A at Rocky on his first try at stage rallying!

Way to go, Pat. What's next. . . . .

·
Registered
555 Posts
I heard ACP's DNF was due to a head gasket failure...of course he could confirm this...I was so disappointed to not see you at the finish ACP! Still, he proved he can beat pat again which is worth a lot! Congrats to pat also on the championship!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thanks for your support! It was frustrating as everything was going really well and I was really enjoying the tight race with Pat. Unfortunately we holed a piston very near the end of the second-to-last stage and I don't know yet what part of the engine is salvageable. Suffice it to say that we're in for a rebuild. Funny - we weren't running crazy boost or doing nutty things to the engine, and Evo engines are really tough. Either freak or perhaps an earlier oil delivery problem set up this failure. If anyone knows good engine builders (or sponsors who can afford them) please let me know.

I can tell you it's a real thrill to be at the front of a rally - I was pretty nervous being reseeded first. Christian and I did all the math for the transits three and four times each! But I don't think there's a big disadvantage being first car through especially on rerun stages that have already been swept, and where there might be dust (organizers intelligently went to 2-minute windows anyway). However, being the first car through a stage re-run backwards causes you to cross grooves in a pretty difficult way.

But man, when you get that feeling that you can fling the car in to a major corner in 4th, flick it around, adjust the weight distribution with little presses of the brake and throttle etc etc etc and at the same time stop thinking about it all - well, you have "the feeling." It is really, really amazing. We saw 186km/h on the Coralba and may have done more. On several occasions in the dark we were so sideways with bushes right on the side of the road that even with the cornering pods we were drifting very fast into total darkness - but we still never felt on the ragged edge. It was great.

Thanks to Silverstone, Four Star, and Tim O'Neil, without all of whom we couldn't be pushing at the front.

Congratulations Pat - it would have been a close thing at the end but even had we won, the championship would have been only slightly delayed for you. Go and put that FIA B seed to good use man.

Looking forward to next time,
ACP
www.musketeerracing.com
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Congradulations to both Pat and ACP. Those were some incredibly fast stage times. You both left the rest of the field in your dust and made an interesting duel. Sorry about the DNF Andrew. You'll have your day soon.

Dave Shindle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts