Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of people don,t realise Doug Havir,s investment in our great sport, without him their would be NO Rally America Truck, no live up dates, he brings workers, the sat truck all at his expense, I for one really appreciate you input into the sport I love, I wish some rally luck would come your way and hope you keep supporting the sport I love so much, next year will be your year
THANK YOU Doug
Leon Styles

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
ditto here.

doug always takes the time to visit with anyone that stops and is always very friendly.

just ask the trunk monkey racing guys how helpfull he can be.

plus he can quote the simpson's till the cows come home.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks Doug!

He isn't the most underappreciated person.........but he is most likely the most under thanked.

Thanks Doug!

It wasn't the same before you brought Rally America into the works.

Not only is laptop bench racing better but scoring for codrivers on event is 1000 times improved.

Claire Chizma

·
Registered
291 Posts
RE: Thanks Doug and the Rally America Crew!

It is great to have this resource at rallies and we all appreciate it. They all volunteer their time to help us out and I commend them for it.
I was able to help them out in Ojibwe and it is definitely a job to get it all done.

It was great to work with Kristi, Heidi, Tara, Al, Bob, Brenda and Dave all weekend...hope I can help out again.

Tina

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
RE: thank the most under appreciated person in SCCA Pro rally

Doug rules, regardless of his investment in the sport. He showed up at Magnum Opus, a dinky little rally in Nowhere, MI a few years back just to help out and party with rally folk. Like most everyone else in this crazy sport, he's a fun guy to be around and has a real enthusiasm for rally. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Doug, introduce yourself at the next rally, maybe buy him a beer, drool over his Scooby, and thank him for all the support he and RA have given us.

Also thanks go out to Al Kintigh and the rest of the RA crew doing the dirty work. Most of these guys have missed out on a lot of competition in order to bring us the top notch scoring and reporting that we have grown accustomed too. You guys rule too.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
RE: we all need to thank .....

I'm all for an increase of giving kudos and less negativity. Nothing will ever be perfect. I don't have the money to compete, so I won't ever see that side of the argument. But I'm happy to be able to go into the woods and watch this unique form of motorsports.

Thanks to everyone behind RA for their efforts, so I can "watch" the race from home.

Also, nothing moves me more than seeing Buffum everywhere during the Maine rally. He's everywhere the entire weekend, and always in the greatest mood. Wherever I went this past Maine rally, I ran into him. Whether it's at the Brew Pub, or if I drove within a couple of miles of Canada. He was there giving it 110%. We need more JB's.

There are many others I'm forgetting, and I apologize, but JB really stood out to me over the past couple years.

Pete <-- just had a wisdom tooth yanked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts