Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was a great event!

Where did you place your order for the weather? If I had ordered the weather they would have put it on back order or shipped it out late.

We had a great time even though we had a DNF in Stage 12. We are looking forward to next year and another great event.

Congrats to all of the winners!

Ed Dahl
Service Crew
Club Rally #258
Fatboy Raceworks

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
kudos to all

Another fun, friendly, competitive event.

LOTS of time to socialize at the turn around stage (and at the party).

The drag race was, um, interesting. I was impressed by all the drivers restraint (there were no driveline parts left there).

I found out that grass is REALLY slippy.

Now, when I woke up this morning back home, there was snow on my deck.

So, Ben, do you want CERs?

press on,

·
Lost....We're not lost
419 Posts
>That was a great event!
>
>Congrats to all of the winners!
>

Agreed!! A BIG thank you to ALL those folks who worked on very limited sleep to make the event a huge success. It is greatly appreciated! :)

Congrats to all those who FINISHED the event...seemed like a high rate of DNFs this time around...?

Teresa
Co-Driver #218

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
>Congrats to all those who FINISHED the event...seemed like a
>high rate of DNFs this time around...?

Maybe it's because we north-westies aren't used to all that bright stuff falling from the sky and heating up the inside of the car (*cough*durley you need to get some tint for people you talk into sitting in your funny seat*cough*) :p :7

Of course, i'm sure Mark Tabor had no problems with excess heat in the car, did you?!

-Jason

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
I want to thank all the OTPR folks for a fantastic weekend and I want your 'weather connection' for February in Missouri!

Special Thanks to the E-5 crew (Angelo and T.J.) who hung with us WAY after they were released so we could get our car off the mountainside.

With one teeny tiny exception we had a terrific time.

Kim DeMotte
Co-Driver: Martin/DeMotte #122
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
RE: kudos to all

>So, Ben, do you want CERs?

I will be sending CERs (with a postage paid return envelope) along with the results. I like doing my own CER as I often have event-specific questions that I like to have answered.

I hope to have results and CERs in the mail by early next week. Of course you can always see the results online at http://www.rally-america.com and whenever we get them posted at http://www.oregontrailrally.com (the whenever is dependent upon how quickly I get them to our webmaster...).

My real job beckons this week (I am way behind...),and I value my employment, so I need to get slightly more caught up there first before getting back to some rally stuff.

Ben

·
Registered
901 Posts
At our last OTPR pre-event meeting, our press officer said that he ordered sunshine for the weekend, but couldn't promise good weather for the practice stage.

Robert Mahoney, you rock!!! We're adding "Head of the Weather Department" to your badge for next year!

·
Registered
967 Posts
>Robert Mahoney, you rock!!! We're adding "Head of the
>Weather Department" to your badge for next year!

You wouldn't catch me calling Robert a rock, because I think he's the best press liason on the west coast!

Jim Culp
prorallypix.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow Jim! I am honored to receive such a complement. I am a total amateur at this "press liasion" work, just learning more each year at our events. My goal is to give you the tools (information, locations, opportunity, etc.) to allow you, and the other press/media folk, to do what you do best.

Thank you for your kind words,

Robert Mahony

Press Officer
Oregon Rally Group

·
Registered
2 Posts
>Congrats to all those who FINISHED the event...seemed like a
>high rate of DNFs this time around...?

Actually, I think we about hit our average. We usually break 30 to 40% of the cars. I saw the finish list Saturday night at service and was suprised to see only 5 DNF's. 11/13/15 seemed to take care of that
:)

All in all, it seemed like folks had fun. There were some delays and issues here and there, but competitors were understanding and courteous and seemed to enjoy their time out there. So thanks to all the competitors and volunteers for coming out and making the event happen, it was lots of fun.

Judah McAuley
OTPR Stage Captain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts