Registered
239 Posts
>Very cool
>
>http://www.motorsport.co.uk/Video/
>
>Why doesnt the SCCA do this?.....
>
>becuase they hate us? rights? bla bla bla..

Wow, so quick to judge... right there on the motorsport.co.uk site it says this is a trial and they want your opinion... maybe the BRC championship will be a model for others to follow, in regards to the media distribution, maybe this will cost money in the future.....

The WRC must hate us as well, and the NFL, MLB, NBC, CBS, HBO and anyone that doesn't provide their shows as a free download...

by the way, I will download and watch every one of these, as it is very cool!!!!!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
i think he was being sarcastic.

i just watched the jim clark memorial rally. nesbitt's codriver has to be the most intense irishman i have ever heard. hes like an angy luis moya only i can understand him, barely. those roads look like bike trails.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've only had a chance to watch a few minutes of a couple shows, but here's a question-

Do they cover all the classes or only the top runners? Early on the shows it looks like just the top runners, but do the shows go into other classes later on?

/just haven't had time yet to watch a whole lot..and I can't type either....

Russ

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
depends on the rally. mostly it is the top 6-7 only or if someone charges hard from the back. or if another class creeps into the top like the 1600's were doing in the fog at wales last year.

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
Work (where my DSL line is located) will never be the same again. And they say the productivity of the American worker is going up?

And Nesbitts codriver is over the top. I'm not sure I could handle him in the right seat. That tarmac is scary too. Every in car shot seems to show the cars in 6th gear and accelerating!

The SCCA and Speed should DEFINATLY do this. Another option would be to offer expanded ProRally coverage on the web. I.e at the end of the show Russ can say, "And to see even more, go to blahblah.com", and there you could maybe have a G2 show, a PGT show, etc....

Dennis Martin
[email protected]rts.com
920-432-4845

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just watched the Jim Clark and this is really cool! I like Dennis' idea about expanded coverage of some of the classes online that don't make it to the 1/2 hour show.

Kudos to the motorsport UK guys - coverage online back to 2002!

·
Registered
239 Posts
>Work (where my DSL line is located) will never be the same
>again. And they say the productivity of the American worker
>is going up?
>
>And Nesbitts codriver is over the top. I'm not sure I could
>handle him in the right seat. That tarmac is scary too.
>Every in car shot seems to show the cars in 6th gear and
>accelerating!
>
>The SCCA and Speed should DEFINATLY do this. Another option
>would be to offer expanded ProRally coverage on the web.
>I.e at the end of the show Russ can say, "And to see even
>more, go to blahblah.com", and there you could maybe have a
>G2 show, a PGT show, etc....

I believe we are looking at the future of "niche" programming. Whether it be over your cable/sat provider, or for specialized "Online only" networks, this type of in demand programming is the future.

Imagine- anyone can start a network from your own home, and it can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection. No worries about the cable company knocking Speed to a higher tier and milking another 10 bucks out of you monthly. As soon as everyone has 20" plus montiors, or we start seeing the computer's display replacing the TV and truly becoming the digital entertainment centerpiece that it will be (thanks to Apple Mac's) online networks can become a reality.

Instant demographic feedback is available, but the hard part will be getting the message of the network out to the masses. Saturation would be a problem, but the strong will survive.

Russ

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
I showed this to Garrett Mudd, and he thought it was pretty cool. Said he would talk to Speed about it. Moral of the story: next time you see something cool, tell the SCCA about it. Despite popular belief, they really don't hate us after all. :)

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

1 - 13 of 13 Posts