Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our rally car does not pass the local emissions test, so when we compete locally we use 3-day temporary permits issued by the state of Washington for vehicle registration.

We plan on competing in a couple more Canadian events this year. Are the Washington state trip permits valid in Canada? Or this there some equivalent Canadian or provincial piece of paper that we need to get?

alan

·
Registered
132 Posts
OK - Just talked to Canada Customs - here's the scoop...temp US permits are OK to cross border.

However, depending on if the customs officer suspects that you are going to leave the vehicle in Canada or are going to try to sell it in Canada, they have the right to charge you a 7% bond on the value of the vehicle (although this is not common). This 7% is charged as GST and can be reclaimed when you cross back to the US.

The agent on the phone just explained that you show sufficient proof of the event you are entering - so bring along a copy of the supp regs and a copy of your entry form for additional proof ( just in case
:D )

Otherwise - no worries....

-ken

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I guess that is true for all us coming up, just bring info on the event and be prepared just incase to post a bond?

Hey Alen when are you going to make the tow up, could be better to have several cars at the boarder at the same time. They may get the idea.

Derek

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ask Ross. He usually cons his folks into driving the truck and trailer, while he puts in a full day at work for local events that have a Friday portion.

alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts