Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mother company VW has taken control of the Skoda Motorsport Division and dicarded the team Manager.
The early introduction of the Fabia was considered a failure by VW.
Armin Schwarz and Manfred Heimer signed a two year contract with Skoda and have their first rally in June at the Acropolis.
They join teamate Toni Gardemeister for the development of the Fabia.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>The mother company VW has taken control of the Skoda
>Motorsport Division and dicarded the team Manager.
>The early introduction of the Fabia was considered a failure
>by VW.
>Armin Schwarz and Manfred Heimer signed a two year contract
>with Skoda and have their first rally in June at the
>Acropolis.
>They join teamate Toni Gardemeister for the development of
>the Fabia.
>
>Whiplash RallyeSport
Well if it was Pavel Janeba they booted they are arrogant morons, maybe it was the Dane whatever the hell his name was Jens Jensen or Rasmus Rasmussen "Limp'wristed weenie nancy boy roadracer" that they have as Cometition head that made the decision, and if it was things look grim for VAG.
Idiot roadracer morons.
Janeba has shown they can do more with less for 20 years.

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/

·
Registered
907 Posts
I think Janeba just retired, but I might be wrong.
He might have been forced out. It is sad to see Skoda sitting out, becuase now they can not homologate another version of the Fabia as they are not registered in the WRC. I hope they don't do what Mitsu has done a just sit on their butts and then try to do some development 2 months before the 05 season.

I like how Mitsu was claiming that they will take the whole year off to develop a new car and restructure the motorsport program. Now they are claiming how they only had 2 months to build/develop a new car so not to expect them to do so well at the begining of the season. So what did they do for the previous 10 months? What was the point of taking off all that time. Probably just house cleaning.

-george

·
Registered
527 Posts
George,

I think the plan was to develop the Colt, then for some reason stopped late in the game and went back to the Lancer. That's the way I understand it, anyway.

[hr]
CP
[hr]

·
Registered
907 Posts
From what I have been hearing,the Colt was just a rumor. They were always going to work with the Lancer. The Colt was too small and would need to be lengthend like the pug 206 and Fabia to meet the spec, along with build I think likr 5000 special edition cars per year in that size. So not very economical.

I am just disapointed in Mitsu in general. I bought an EVO 8 to drive and 2 weeks later they were out of rally. I wanted to take the car back to the dealer and just leave it there.

I think they are in business of selling music CD's in the states not cars.

-george

·
Registered
122 Posts
>So what did they do for the
>previous 10 months? What was the point of taking off all
>that time. Probably just house cleaning.
>
>-george

Maybe the division didn't get approval from upper management to start spending money again on Rally until mid or late 2003? No basis to say that is accurate, but it is one possibility.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts