Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diver/Co-driver
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Organizers!

Some events I've been to offer a "VIP Package" usually including tickets to shuttle busses that take them to spectator points, tickets to the banquet, and who knows what else. They were usually $100 or a little more.

Have any of you had these packages available at your events? What do they include? Do you plan to have them again? How much would they cost?

I'm interested for sponsorship hospitality.. yadda yadda..

K

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
As Dave posted, if you follow what the Tall Pines does, you will have a superb VIP progam.

It is very important to have knowledgeable hosts on the VIP buses.

Notice that at TP the buses also drove over one of the actual stages after the cars had gone through. Last year my daughter Catherine read pace notes for the stage over the bus loudspeaker as they travelled over the stage.:eek:

If done correctly, a VIP program can also be a significant source of income for the rally.

·
Diver/Co-driver
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is great!... CARS going above and beyond as usual!...

Any responses from the US??? RA? NASA?

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
NASA response: awesome!

Doug, who can I call to find out more? I checked the page linked, but no phone. Call me with info: 919 697 5282.

:)
Anders

·
Registered
532 Posts
NASA response: awesome!

Doug, who can I call to find out more? I checked the page linked, but no phone. Call me with info: 919 697 5282.

:)
Anders
Anders, I don't know if Doug has answered your question, but if you are looking to get a hold of anyone at Tall Pines e-mail Ross Wood. His e-mail and contact info should be available on the Tall Pines website or PM me and I will get it for you.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Anders:

Sorry, I never saw your post. Dave is correct, contact Ross Wood. He is also a member here on SS.

Hopefully, I will be working with my family on the VIP buses at Tall Pines this year.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Mark and I were talking about how easily a VIP bus tour and rally videography could be combined. I mean, we match everything you'd want to give at a VIP tour. Knowledgable guides that have a planned route to maximize the amount and quality of coverage for each leg.
I think organizing bodies need to implement rules that would allow this to occur, either officially through the organizer, or through an independent company. The tricky part is that they have got to be allowed to go places other than the official spectator areas, so it's a new level of stage access, somewhere between a marshall and media.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Hopefully, I will be working with my family on the VIP buses at Tall Pines this year.
Confirmed today that I will be hosting one of the VIP buses at Tall Pines this year. John Bellefleur will be hosting in the second bus.

Details should be up soon on the Tall Pines website.

The VIP buses are the rally deal of the season. They are particularly great for elderley spectators (such as parents) and for sponsors.

Hmmm, I wonder if that elderley comment will come back to haunt John and I? :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts