Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been gone a while, so maybe this was answered by someone else and I just didn't see it.

I'm looking at the points standings for USRC at http://www.unitedstatesrallychampionship.com/Standings.htm and see standings after only one event (CT).

Not a problem, I know how tough it can be to update points tables!

However, closer inspection shows that the class standings don't include the 4 starting points as specified in 7.1.D.para 2 which says "All entrants will receive an additional 4 points for leaving the first time control of the first leg of the event."

I'm calculating standings for Group N and think the totals should be:

Ken/Alex: 4 + 0 + 4 + 32 = 40
Ralph/Jimmy: 0 + 0 + 4 + 27 = 31
Wolfgang/John: 0 + 0 + 4 + 0 = 4
Wyeth/Cindy: 0 + 0 + 4 + 0 = 4
Victor/Abel: 0 + 0 + 4 + 0 = 4

Am I missing a supplement somewhere that says starting points aren't included in class championships? This would seem odd since 7.1.d says "Points will be issued for the Overall Championship and each Championship Class ..." (italics added).

Either way, it looks like there's a 3-way tie for third place. Still, it would be good to know where things really stand.

John

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com
www.Perforce.com/wrt

·
Registered
672 Posts
John,
The updated points, after Rim, are now posted to the USRC site. Please look them over and let me know if you see any problems or have any questions. Thanks.

Ray Hocker
Chairman, Rim of the World Rally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts