Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
RE: Higgin's Evo8 spotted in Quebec

Dave,

That was O'Sullivan's EVO at Lac des Neiges.. Unfortunately, the bumper was recovered by a worker but was destroyed, so it won't find a good place in a worker's living room or garage!!

;)

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Evo8 spotted in Quebec

I didn't know O'Sullian had gone off but your right, #9 and not #2. Everybody has their days and moments too. I rather liked this missing facia look better than the new grill.

Higgins did lighten his car by leaving his triangle on the stage7 after his car was extracted.

Congrats to Paul Choiniere who finished 2nd OA without doing the recee on a instruction lacking routebook. Wonder if I could have won if he'd done recee.

·
Registered
23 Posts
RE: Evo8 spotted in Quebec -- the rest of the story

... about mid way into the last stage ... we spun 2, 3, maybe 4 revolutions through a snow bank at about 80Mph from a fast left. Snow flying everywhere; during the spins all we could see was white. When we came to a stop I reached for my belts figuring it was triangle and pushing time, while Lauchlin tried to re-fire the motor. After one failed attempt, the motor re-started and, much to my surprise we began to move. When I noted "I have no idea which direction to go on the road", Lauchlin stated that he did ... and we were on our way again. We were still second on that stage; only 4 seconds from first! It wasn't until we stopped at the finish control and the remarks of the workers that I had any clue to our missing front pieces. It turns out Lauchlin knew, cause we drove over some when we rejoined the road. Team management was most impressed at how well we had surgically removed body panels with absolutely no damage to the intercooler or any of the working pieces. New pieces were fitted at service for the drive over the finish ramp.

Tom McGeer, who was the following car, noted that he felt he had more of pieces of our car lodged in his skid plate than we had on the car.

Mark.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts

>Always great when the guys in the fastest cars tell tales!

Absolutely. Please keep posting Mark.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

As we came down the stage, we noted a very red piece of bodywork in the middle of the road...looked like a bumper opening for a fog light. We knew it had to be from the EVO. A bit further down the road, there was the rest of the bumper off the side of the road(quite a bit). We wondered aloud at the carnage that must've taken place in front of us! ;-)

Thanks for sharing Mark! :)

Cheers! John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts