Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you all who called and wrote and otherwise expressed concern and caring for our well-being. i don't think the nurses ever heard a hospital room phone ring that much! unfortunately the rumour that we were sharing the same room is untrue. however yesterday i was cleared by the spine doctors and then cleared by the ankle doctor for crutches.

my first excursion was to visit Gerry and his lovely (and dedicated) wife. They were both in good spirits and express their thanks for all the good wishes and concern people are showing. Gerry was scheduled for his first operation this morning and i am happy to report that it went very well. when I was released today i made sure to stop by one last time to say goodbye. They were both very optomistic and happy that the operation went so well.

in a week or so i will return for my operation and then begin several months of P.T. the road to recovery is long but rest assured you will see both of us at the end of it! i want to again thank all of you for your concern and for the demostration of how tight-knit and truly great the rally community is. Gerry and his wife also express the same thanks for all the kindness, good wishes and good will shown by all you excellent people.

james fox
team saabworks

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
RE: hospitals, yuck!

Hi James--

Glad to hear you're out of the woods, so to speak. After our engine blew, I spent much of Saturday afternoon at the spectator area on SS5 hanging out with your Dad. Really enjoyed meeting him, what a character. It was truly chilling to get partial news of your off and medevac. What a relief to get back to HQ and get more cheerful (or at least less alarming) news on how you and Charlie were doing.

Best of luck on your surgery and recovery. We'll be thinking of ya.

Dave G and Erik L
Last Ditch Racing

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

·
Registered
11 Posts
RE: hospitals, yuck!

Yeow !

Gerry/James - just catching up on Rally New York and I see this !

Glad it wasn't any worse, glad to see you guys are relatively OK.

Love to see your positive press-on-regardless attitude - we'll see you out there - take care of yourselves and best wishes to a speedy recovery.

Vittorio -

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hi James,

Glad you came on to say hi and glad to hear the upbeat news. We're all wishing the best for you guys, and glad that things turned out with you both having positive prognoses. Hope to see you back out there with us as soon as you can. Please say hi to Gerry for us.

Regards,
Mark abd Duffy Bowers

·
International Rallying Icon
669 Posts
Glad to hear everything will be o.k. With everything that has happened in the last 12 months, it was beyond unsettling, to say the least, to come upon your accident on saturday. Paul and I are both happy to hear that things are all right. Can't wait to see you back on the stages!

·
Registered
94 Posts
RE: Gerry and James... road to recovery

>Gerry and his lovely (and dedicated) wife... were both in good >spirits... his first operation this morning and... it went very well.
>They were both very optomistic and
>happy that the operation went so well.
>
>in a week or so i will return for my operation and then
>begin several months of P.T. the road to recovery is long
>but rest assured you will see both of us at the end of it!

James... so glad to hear you and Gerry are recovering well.
Keep us posted on your operation status! Say hello to your father for me. cheers, Amy (and Anders, too)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts