Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OFFICIAL NOTICE!

The delores racing team has inquired about the road postion of last completing competitor.

Endurance rally sport is Here by serving notice that the position and request of coveted last finisher prize is posted.

Is anyone going to contest the road postion of "last finishing" car.

at stake is an unpublished, unofficial prize of some sort.

merbach/feldt car 543.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>OFFICIAL NOTICE!
>
>The delores racing team has inquired about the road postion
>of last completing competitor.
>
>Endurance rally sport is Here by serving notice that the
>position and request of coveted last finisher prize is
>posted.
>
>Is anyone going to contest the road postion of "last
>finishing" car.
>
>at stake is an unpublished, unofficial prize of some sort.
>
> merbach/feldt car 543.

If you mean you were last car to limp into the final MTC, I don't know, but we were 13 minutes and two places behind you in the scoring... (we weren't last on the road on Saturday - don't ask about the last stage on Friday, though)

Adrian (car 786)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Car #566 has to claim the spot for the very last car. Huuki and VanDenHeuvel were allowed to run the last two stages even though were went over MPL due to a failed alternator. We were told not to pass anyone. One the way through we tried to pull out an older MR2, but after the final Gratiot Lake stage they passed us on the road and beat us to Quincy Hill. We were so late to Quincy in fact that the Rally America truck was packing up and they didn't know we were still coming. Essentially we were the first of the sweep vehicles.

-Josh

·
Registered
64 Posts
Many thanks for stopping and trying to pull us out, but we were stuck pretty good. Definitely glad we didn?t roll over into the water hole? Sweep pulled us out and took our timecard, so we were already out by the time we drove out of the stage, and so we never went to Quincy. Looks like you guys may be the last people to complete (if not officially finish) a SCCA ProRally!

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
I believe Adrian is correct.
"LAST FINISHING" - Not last on the road.
So car 786 would get that "prize"
and any car that was OTL would not be eligible.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>I believe Adrian is correct.
>"LAST FINISHING" - Not last on the road.
>So car 786 would get that "prize"
>and any car that was OTL would not be eligible.

Except that we might not have been the last competing ProRally car to reach the final MTC. We definitely weren't the last car in.

Adrian

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok car 786 wintle/
566 huuki/josh
653 d and d racing
Are in the running, a possible national/ regional split may be inorder here due to the number of available resources/stuff.

I am a big supporter of the ability to "press on" so to say, never give up. I am not quite sure how to score the MPL competitor though.

I need to spend some time in the scores.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is car 786 the little MR2? If so they were so stuck that it would have taken sweep to get them out of that mud. The Porsche was ahead of us, they made it to the final MTC on their own steam.

Car 566 did "Press on Regardless" however.

-Josh

·
Registered
225 Posts
Car #511 Johnson/Himes was the last car to finish Gratiot 2 and still be racing. We were in front of the talon that was running for fun.
However, we did pass some people that stopped to refuel on the way back to the final MTC.
So here's your options
#511 last competing vehicle through Gratiot
Huuki's talon last car through Gratiot minus sweep
? last car to check in

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well,

Unfortunately we were not the "last" finishers of LSPR. There were at least three cars behind us: a porsche, talon, and an omni. I never thought I'd see the day when there was an arguement over who came in last in a rally, who knew?

We did run a majority of the rally as last competitor, from stage 2 on friday until the second to last delaware stage. I don't think anyone can deny that.

We finished both days racing hard, thats all I care about. It was fun and I can't wait to do it again.

Oh yeah, we'll give the winner, or in this case last finisher, some free product from our sponsor, if they're of legal drinking age.

Dave Grenwis
Dan Goldman
653 Delores

·
Registered
84 Posts
Free alcohol? That's pretty funny. Of the disputed cars, one driver and one navigator don't drink at all. I drink though, so need not worry.

So is it last car or last competing car? We were after all the last car to start the last stage of the last SCCA Performance rally.

-Josh

·
Registered
156 Posts
>However, we did pass some people that stopped to refuel on
>the way back to the final MTC.

That would be servicing in a non-service area.
That would be a no-no.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is the deal.

I/we have a great thing going here.

right now the pot o gold consist of a couple of can holders, some t-shirts, and stickers combined with adult beverages.

Please send your finishing position, driver and co-driver age, and any important info(inquireys ??) to [email protected] and I will put the info into one of those poll thingys on the first page of this site.

I have enough optima marketing stuff to award both national and regional competitors independantly.

I Want to recognize the teams that pressed on.

Grenwis/Goldman It sucks that you found the gas pedal on those last few stages but your honesty will be rewarded.

It is down to a couple of competitors with varing amounts of drivability issues. I think a poll will get the opinion of the group to settle the true last finishing competitor.}>

·
Registered
2 Posts
>
>>However, we did pass some people that stopped to refuel on
>>the way back to the final MTC.
>
>That would be servicing in a non-service area.
>That would be a no-no.

We were ones that stopped at the gas station. We did not stop to refuel, but my co-driver Dan was servicing himself in the gas station (if you know what I mean).

Dave G

·
Registered
225 Posts
Clarification from above post. The car that we passed on the way to the final MTC was at a service station, but not refueling. Sorry for the confusion there.....Unless we want to get into the water and gas think again.

Is this what they mean when saying "Pressing On Regardless?"
Finished Saturday with a bent control arm, destroyed wheel bearing, blown out shock, leaking brake line with no rear pads left, stretched clutch cable, and still had to hold our motor up from falling out of the car for a stage with a ratchet strap before service crew could weld up a broken motor mount.

-But the worst part was when the "clear" button on the Terratrip remote bugged out for a stage and Mutti had to reach up and push the button on the box....the agony x(

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
might be time to read a rule book

>
>>However, we did pass some people that stopped to refuel on
>>the way back to the final MTC.
>
>That would be servicing in a non-service area.
>That would be a no-no.

I think not (when done at a service station).

press on,

·
Registered
204 Posts
O.K., I'm going to have to chime in on this one. WE (the orange Chevy Citation) were the last place finisher if you ignore penalties. Both of the cars behind us were only there because they had a penalty of some sort or another.

We might be excluded, because we made it all of 100 yards on day one before the throttle stuck to the floor (again), the carb flooded, and we were out.

Day 2, we struggled with the same issue but kept removing parts from the carb in order to keep us going. We disconnected the secondary and hence, ran rich as a pig all day, flooding, stalling, and making a top speed of about 65mph all day.

So...we were last on time, but PRESSED ON REGARDLESS.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RE: last finisher

The official last finisher (by default) will be the white and blue talon of huuki vandenheuval.#566?

Their story is simple, dead on stage, tow in,new alternator.

due to a delay with a camera guy/media person made it to the start of delaware and finished last of course .

consider this posted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts