Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there ever been any discussion about creating an uniform timing card to be used throughout Canada? Why not do away with the regional triplicate slips and sticker cards and adopt a timingcard based on the FIA cards to avoid confusion for teams competing outside of their own club and make it easier for them when they do compete in an FIA event? I really dislike the Quebec triplicate slips and the sticker cards are not much better.
My suggestion is to impose an uniform timing book on all CARS sanctioned events and base it on the FIA book but with less tabs and carboncopies to keep cost down that would include an additional box in the calculation for the next arrival control for the boogie time (or stage time if competitor took longer than boogie time) to account for the Canadian timing method of adding boogie time to transit time.
CARS is moving towards FIA everything else (refueling areas, car classes ie GrN). Why not time cards?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think the CARS rule change time period has elapsed - but who knows, maybe they'll slide that one in. I would send your proposed change to the CARS pres. and all the region directors.

My understanding is that it's not exactly democratic - but it's something. (is that Canadian or what?)

Robin

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent Terry Epp an email yesterday regarding the timecards and offered to make some example timingcards. Waiting for his reply. Just wanted to know if it had already been brought up before.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
This has come up (as part of the whole unifying of the timing system. The main problem is that Quebec has a large quantity of three-part timing slips, so they aren't going to change until they use them up :). Some Ontario events have used SCCA-style cards, while others use the traditional (and simple) cards and stickers.

Terry has put some thought into the concept, and does have examples of all sorts of timing cards.

Adrian

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>The main problem is that Quebec has a large quantity of three-part >timing slips, so they aren't going to change until they use them up.

Use them as toliet paper or this winter as firestarter then. The triplicate slips are terrible. I can deal with cards and stickers but the triplicate slips kill me.
How can they have a large quanity? They come bound in the books including MTC slips thus the books seem to be required to be printed custom on a per event basis.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>>The main problem is that Quebec has a large quantity of three-part >timing slips, so they aren't going to change until they use them up.
>
>Use them as toliet paper or this winter as firestarter then.
>The triplicate slips are terrible. I can deal with cards and
>stickers but the triplicate slips kill me.
>How can they have a large quanity? They come bound in the
>books including MTC slips thus the books seem to be required
>to be printed custom on a per event basis.

They used to use two types of standard forms - one for stages and the other for MTCs. I haven't run an event in Quebec since Defi last year, so things may have changed a bit. I had heard that there was a large supply of the standard forms.

Adrian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts