Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
> an incredibly flimsy crankshaft,junk con rods, and in the past anyway truly trashy cast, not forged, pistons, with cheap weak design: slotted oil return rather than drilled., the piston crowns with the truly bizzzare rectangular dish is plain stupid, and attempt to do something differently for the sake of difference,

The new engine has high carbon content rods, new forged pistons, semi-closed deck block, etc. This might not be the same technology you are referring to...

Their reasons for releasing were to counter the release of the EVO in the US, and of course introduce an STi product line to the US.

> I see the real problem being SOA's refusal to bring the Type C (formerly the RA) to the US. That would be a useful car for lots of racing applciations

Actually the US model gets a lot of Spec C components on it:
* spec C wheels/tires
* spec C front control arms (wheels 15mm forward, more castor)
* DCCA as standard

etc.

The Brits and Japanese are already jealous. We are getting one hell of a road car. I am not sure what is has to do with rallying. I am sure someone could build up an Open class car based on it (they won't be Grp N legal unless homologated), but it seems like an expensive route.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The only advantages I can see for open are readier access to torque, and perhaps just the engine would not be stressed as much as the 2.0 (less boost) - but with the restrictor required it would be a toss up.
The engine does have AVCS too.

The 6speed gearbox casing is stronger, but of course you can just buy that, as you can the block/crank etc.

And even the brakes are the "17 inch" brakes and won't fit under the usual 15" wheels, so they would be dumped anyway.

Glenn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.