Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from that SS6 LWC (low-water-crossing) that was described as a triple-exclamation last year but somehow became a single-exclamation hazard this year the entire TW/100AW rally weekend in Missouri was an absolute delight. Organization, logistics, schedule, roads, service parks, spectators, competition, weather and the after-rally festivities made for a fantastic weekend so far as I'm concerned. Thanks Kim, crew, workers, spectators, tolerant locals, the entire Rally America crew for reaching their stride in a big hurry and especially the constabulary who quickly and effectively handled those few less than sober and non-tolerant locals. Tina Warner did great and makes me wonder anew why I didn't try lady navvies earlier in my career. Speaking of lady codrivers I've had the pleasure of rallying with - Major congrats to Rebecca Greek and Kala Rounds for getting their drivers to the top step of their respective CRNC podiums!!! GREAT job!

BTW - Check out SS5 in the results! Yes, that's a righteous score. The Bug was second overall on a distinctly downhill stage thanks to chicanes I barely lifted for and a big leap into a LWC that I've had three years to think about (ask Dillon about my first attempt) and a pre-check of the course last year that helped me develope a plan for hauling through to the finish control. Frankly, I'm shocked we scored so well there but it's nice to know the Bug can rock when all that weight actually helps instead of belaboring that 120HP engine.

Thanks Again To Everryone At TW/100AW Last Weekend!!!

Halley ...
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I am not sure yet if 100AW was the most fun I have had racing yet or not. It just might be. The stages, all of them, might be the best I have ever had the honor of driving. It was truly an adventure that epitomizes rally.

100AW also has great competition. There was no shortage of driving talent.

Plus I love Missouri. Missouri has grits, lots of sawmills, nice weather, high quality greasy spoons, and good folks.

Thanks a bunch. I going to make a low water bridge on my driveway because they rock.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Agreed. Awesome event! Thanks again to Rally America and all the workers. Especially those of you who stood around for two hours on ss18 and helped clear up that nuisance. See you in Salem next year!

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
New Sanctioning body....new insurance....hmmmmmmmmmm

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts