Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the CARS Website - under 'News' (hit refresh)
(Sorry about the formatting - copy and paste from the pdf)
www.carsrally.ca

Shawn

NOTICE
CHANGE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE TELEVISION BROADCASTER

CARS and TV2GO are pleased to announce that, effective immediately, the Canadian Rally Championship will be switching to the
SPORTSNET television network. With the move from TSN to Sportsnet, the rally series will be aired during prime evening hours
which will offer us the opportunity for larger audience numbers for our sport. Along with the evening air times, we will also
continue to see repeat airings of each rally. The French language broadcaster (RDS) will remain unchanged.

2003 Canadian Rally Championship Schedule
(As of June 18, 2003 -all schedules are subject to change)
EVENT SPORTSNET AIRDATE DUR REGIONAL TIMES
(min) East (ET) ONT(ET) WEST(MT) PAC.(PT)

Makita Bighorn Rally Week of July 14th 60
Prime: Wed. July 16 8:30 PM 9:00 PM 8:30 PM 8:30 PM

Rocky Mountain Rally Week of July 21st 60
Prime: Mon. July 21 9:00 PM
Prime: Wed. July 23 7:00 PM 9:00 PM 7:00 PM

Pacific Forest Rally Week of July 28th 60
Prime: Wed. July 30 7:00 PM 7:00 PM 9:00 PM
Prime: Thurs. July 31 9:00 PM

Rallye Baie des Week of Aug. 4th 60
Chaleurs Prime: Mon. Aug. 4 7:00 PM 7:00 PM 7:00 PM 7:00 PM

Rallye Defi Ste Week of Sept. 22nd 60
Agathe-Duhmel Prime: Wed. Sept. 24 7:00 PM 7:00 PM 7:00 PM 7:00 PM

Rally of the Tall Week of Dec. 8th 60
Pines Prime: TBA

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thats god news...i guess ? i dont even know if i get sportsnet ?

any way...if its prime time its good!!!

c anaint whait for tomorw morning to see rocky on RDS!!:)

whats TSN problem ? they dont like rally or what ?

RDS is playing the full rally game WRC and the canadien champ all the way at some good prime time.

what wrong whit TSN????

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
213 Posts
TSN basically told Lawrence that they didn't want 1 hour rally shows, and if Lawrence didn't give them a half hour show, then they weren't going to air them.

Hence, the move to Sportsnet.

Plus, Lawrence wanted prime time slots, and TSN wanted to offer him the usual Tuesday mornings at 3AM type slots.

RDS will show the 1 hour shows because Les Quebecois are crazy about rallying, but the rest of the country is luke warm to the sport.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>
>c anaint whait for tomorw morning to see rocky on RDS!!:)
>

I assume you're going to tape it .... any chance of sending me a copy? We don't get RDS. (I'll trade a copy from Sportsnet)

I don't understand much french, but I just want the pictures anyway :+

Shawn

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there any way somebody in the US can get ahold of these programs? (i.e. video tape or hosted on a site etc.) I don?t have the channels listed above and wanted to see the pacific forest rally. Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rogers Sportsnet Channel 1 (east) shows it on at 8:30pm EDT but Channel 2 (Ontario) shows TBA on at 9:00pm EDT -- it is probably the rally but you never know so those with Rogers Digital Cable (like me) might want to set their VCRs for Sportsnet 1 just to be safe.

Harry

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just checked.
Atlantic time zone shows

Sportsnet 1 Wednesday July 16th 930pm and
Thursday July 17th 5pm

Sportsnet 4 wednesday July 17th 12:30 AM
Saturday July 19th 6pm

enjoy

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure I got so lucky ..... but I actually got one of the BBM Television Rating Surveys for this week :p

Now lets see, how many TV's can I turn on to Sportsnet?

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>So, what did you think of the one hour broadcast?

When Sportsnet Ontario finally got around to it (horse racing at Woodbine ran long) I thought it was pretty good.

Adrian

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought it was good. As the first one they offered a bit of an intro but it was nice to see some footage from the first couple of rallies in the snow. That chat with Howard offered a good explanation of what the co-driver does, what a route book looks like, etc. As usual I wish they'd show the production class cars more often than just at the end of the rally to mention the winner for half a second but other than that, the coverage was well done.

The TV2GO people are quite good, and nice to chat with while you're working the same part of the rally they are. They don't seem to want to stand behind the red tape as much as the still photographers with death wishes.

Harry

·
Registered
497 Posts
I saw the Rocky broadcast last night and it was very good. They had some very exciting footage to work with, lots of 'moments'. They also had a good section on the grass roots folk (us ;)).

On the other hand, Big Horn was a big letdown... They used the same shots of the top runners multiple times. I don't know why they wouldn't put in more of the little guys.

BUT, I guess I can't complain since there was such a vast improvement for Rocky. I hope the PFR broadcast continues in this trend.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
I watched the RMR tonight and thought it was excellent. Walter and I even made the show!

I was quite surprised at the lack of competence of the co-drivers in the top cars with the stage notes. On the other hand, at the start of the season, it looked like Tom McGeer was paying quite a ballast penalty for having big Howard co-driving, but you could really see what a pro the guy is and, in effect, he probably won the rally for Tom.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can see a rule change suggestion coming, in that route books and stage notes must be provided in both official languages.

Given what Erickson ALMOST did with his car because of language difficulties, I don't blame him a BIT!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts