Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted the May TV listings on my site and see that a couple of ProRallies are scheduled. Does anyone know if this is for real?

Sandman's Rally Page
http://rally.sandmansoftware.com
Contact us for Team, Club or Event websites

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm questioning. They listed Snow*Drift earlier but didn't show it.

Sandman's Rally Page
http://rally.sandmansoftware.com
Contact us for Team, Club or Event websites

·
Registered
239 Posts
My GUESS, and it is only speculation as I am not privy to the deal, is that Hot Wheels was tapped to be the "presenting" sponsor and paid (in some form) to have their name associated with the SCCA Pro Rally Championship. Meaning that no matter what media covers the series, they are to call it "The SCCA Pro Rally Championship presented by Hot Wheels". Not that hot wheels has to pay for the coverage itself.

This is a guess and may not answer your question as to what Hot Wheels brings to the Pro Rally table....

RUss

·
So long & thx for all the fish
362 Posts
The SCCA website has a press release and schedule for airdates for the whole season. Half-hour on Saturdays, if I remember correctly.

Jonathan

·
Registered
240 Posts
2004SCCAProRally Championship Presented by Hot Wheels To Be Broadcast on SPEED

TOPEKA, Kan. (May 6, 2004)? Sports Car Club of America, Inc. released today its television schedule for the 2004SCCAProRally Championship Presented by Hot Wheels®, which will air on SPEED Channel.

?We are very pleased to announce that theSCCAProRally Championship will once again be broadcast on SPEED Channel,?SCCAVice-President of MarketingGarret Muddsaid. ?This season, the new show format allows us to showcase all of the action and adrenaline of the country?s premier rally series. Rally has attracted a whole new type of motorsports enthusiast, andSCCAis excited to be able to take the lead in developing the popularity of the sport in theUnited States.?

The slate calls for a half-hour format, all of which will show numerous highlights of teams tackling terrain ranging from snow berms at Sno*Drift to the rocky, canyon roads of Southern California to the narrow logging trails of western Maine. The shows will also feature expanded coverage of the overall ProRally field. Each tape-delayed program will be shown on designated Saturdays, beginning with January?s frigid Sno*Drift ProRally set for Saturday, May 15, at3 p.m.(EDT).

The rest of the remaining events will be shown in their run order, wrapping up with the Lake Superior ProRally Saturday, November 13, at4 p.m.(EDT).

?SCCAwants to thank Subaru and Dodge for their participation in underwriting the programs and their ongoing support of rallying in theUnited States,? Mudd said. ?Manufacturer involvement has played an essential role in the sport?s advancement in recent years and this is another example of commitment by these groups to see the continued growth of rally in the future.?

Refer to the table below or visit www.scca.com or www.speedtv.com for a complete viewing schedule of the 2004SCCAProRally Championship Presented by Hot Wheels®.

Sno*Drift - May 15 - 3PM
Oregon Trail - May 29-4PM
Rim - July 10 - 3:30PM
STPR - July 17 - 4PM
MFR- August 21 - 1:30PM
Ojibwe - Sept 18 - 4:30PM
Colorado Cog - Oct 30 - 4PM
LSPR - Nov 1 - 4PM

Eric Prill

Director of Communications

Sports Car Club ofAmerica

SCCAPro Racing/SPEED World Challenge

785-357-7222, 785-232-7228 fax

800-770-2055 toll free

·
Registered
527 Posts
Definitely for real! SCCA announced today that all the Pro Rallies will be televised on Speed Channel beginning with Sno*Drift on May 15. Each show will be a half hour sponsored by Subaru and Dodge. That's good news for the Group 5 class. Actually it's great news for the whole sport. A full year off TV would have made it even harder to attract interest for 2005. Congratulations to Garrett Mudd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.