Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Vermont SportsCar rally team along with their drivers Travis Pastrana and Ken Block are featured on ESPN2’s “Import Racers” this week. The episode aired initially last week but a replay of the show is scheduled for the following times:

November 28th at 11:30pm EST
December 12th at 11:00pm EST

“Import Racers” is a new automotive lifestyle show hosted by the X-Games own Sal Masekela. In the episode featuring Vermont SportsCar Sal learns the basics of how to drive a rally car at Tim O'Neil's school, takes a tour of the Vermont SportsCar's new shop and then joins the team at the Colorado Cog Rally. Sal also sits down with team drivers Travis Pastrana and Ken Block and learns why they love rally racing.

The entire 30 minute episode is devoted to rallying.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Pretty decent show. The best part was Sal's pop-eyed look when he was riding with Ken Block :eek:

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
926 Posts
I taped it. I think it deserves a wide viewing. Particularly outside the hardcore rally enthusiasts.

VERY nice show. Well made intro to performance rally. I particularly liked - the footage at TimO's and VT SportsCar, and the upbeat and personal view of what rally is about, and the hosts wide-eyed look in the right seat at TimO's was priceless. I saw that look twice before - first after my wife and codriver took her first ride with me at a rally-x at TimO's (which convinced her to be my codriver) and more recently during a ride with Tim during last Februarys O'Neil codriver/team school.

219 Posts
It was a great show. PLUS it originally aired at 11pm just before Thanksgiving on the West coast so I'm sure it was seen pretty widely.

Not to mention all the footage used from Colorado COG. Several rally cars got air time.

I liked it when Sal hit the bank and you hear Timo ask how the cameraman is "how'ya doin' back there?"

Good stuff!

MJ

Matthew Johnson
CarolinaRallySport.com
matthewjohnson.us

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RE: Wut!?!

they tried to get that footage but the timing / red tape was too difficult. The roof cam was not RA footage.

·
Registered
777 Posts
RE: Wut!?!

>they tried to get that footage but the timing / red tape was
>too difficult. The roof cam was not RA footage.

ahh, interesting. I was wondering if they used extra TVtoGo footage--guess not. I did see Sal at Cog, didn't know he was filming the show though.
I thought this was a good show too. Nice intro to rally for the newbie.
I like when he spun out at TimO's too, but even better when he told the VSC mechanic he was gonna help change the transmission. Talk about a look of fear (the mech). I was hoping they'd show Block's wrecked Ojib car in the background.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts