Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a source for restrictors....i'm planning on running an event in Canada

I have a Subaru 2.0T (90-94)engine with a vf8 turbo

thanks in advance

Gary Cavett
Cavett Rally Motorsports
NWR SCCA
car #288

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you dont care about being scored or counted for points you can come with your US logbook and 40mm restrictor and have no problem (i.e. same rules as US Open).

If you want to be scored you will need a 34mm for Open or a 32mm for PGT.

-Pat

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Pat

I know but what is the use of running if your not scored.....just wondering if someone knows of a source for a 34mm restrictor.

Can i borrow one of yours??? :)

Also....what is the expected turn out for the Pacific Forest and the Mt Trials events in BC....will you be racing at either??

Congrats on the UK events thus far...Havn't seen you in a while.

Hope things are well

Gary Cavett
Cavett Rally Motorsports
NWR SCCA
car #288

·
Registered
803 Posts
I dunno, I'd run for fun with the 40....

anyways, you will probably have to get one machined but it should be pretty simple. I'm using 32s, you dont want that unless you are in PGT, plus unless your hoses etc. are the same size it wont fit. Also remember it has to be within 50mm of the compressor, which isn't measured in the US but is in Canada.

try posting in the Canada West forum. As far as Mtn Trials goes, I cant be there but they are good roads.

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
We are running PGT, uh, er, P4. Your 32mm restrictor wouldn't happen to fit on a IHI VJ-14 turbo, would it?

alan

·
Registered
730 Posts
>Also....what is the expected turn out for the Pacific Forest
>and the Mt Trials events in BC....will you be racing at
>either??

I'm expecting 15 to 20 cars for the BC events. I've had several expressions of interest from NW SCCA teams - Janice says she's making up a restrictor for the Talon and going for the win! Should be exciting.

By the way, I have been up on the new stages very recently, and they are a lot of fun. Excellent stage/transit ratio, plus we have service in town, right in front of a Lordco, just in case...

Paul Westwick

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Ross and I will be there.

We are stupid enough to go all of the way to Alberta for Big Horn and Rocky Mountain, of course we will go to an event in BC. I think I could drive blindfolded to Merritt because of all of the times that I have been there for TSDs.

alan

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Gary I have just had one done at 40mm for Pats open car, and of course can do one with 34mm, or 32mm for your thing, too. Need the compressor housing. OD is per OEM so the hose fits fine.

Of course you can screw around elsewhere and waste a lot of money if you want.

Pat, your miserable thing should be together by the week end, POS junk.

John Vanlandingham

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.