Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow,

It's a good thing I made this video after all, another provider of good entertainment for us rally fan!!!

Look like there will be a lot of WRC 2002 videos out there in the near future!!!

Pou

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Pou,
Looks like you started a whole industry.
Your WRC still sees 1/4 meg a day after a year, just on my site.
No lawyers have called yet either.
RZ

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, that's me

Be glad that there is not more than one...... :)

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
527 Posts
Pou,

Yours is still the best so far, but the bar is being raised, when is you next production due out?

CP
Desert Storm Rally
A2 Jetta #305

·
Registered
100 Posts
>Pou,
>Looks like you started a whole industry.
>Your WRC still sees 1/4 meg a day after a year, just on my
>site.
>No lawyers have called yet either.
>RZ

I'm in the process of downloading one of Matt's videos now, but wanted to say to Pou: the video you made is pioneering, and the best rally footage/music video I have seen. All my friends downloaded it, the ones not addicted to rally, and couldnt' get enough of it!

Great job, and Matt: looking forward to seeing your videos, too!

KT

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't do the videos, just passed the link along.

I am not that patient.....

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
3 Posts
>I didn't do the videos, just passed the link along.
>
>I am not that patient.....
>
>Matt Manspeaker

Yeah, I'm the one that did the videos, Matt just made the initial post before I got around to doing it...
Any comments (postitive or negative) can be addressed to me.
Many thanks to Pou for his video which provided the inspiration for me to try making my own videos.

I'm still missing the 2001 Rally Finland. If anyone has it on VHS, I'll pay $20 for a copy...

Todd

·
Registered
665 Posts
Pou,

About once every two weeks or so, my 2 year old son asks to see the "Ratty-movie" - we both love it - thanks!

Robin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Speaking of the great WRC video of last year, is there any way to get a better quality capture or anything? The only one I've seen is the file that's about 18 megs or so. I made a VCD of the thing which I loan to my friends when they ask what rally is all about. It'd be nice if I had a higher quality source to work with. Looks a little jaggy on friends 120 inch screen... :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello,

For last year's video, I was pretty much at the mercy of my equipement. My little ATI TV Tuner cannot capture at more than 352x240. So this is the max resolution I had. But I grabbed at 4mbps MPG to work on the video and then recompress it for the final.
I compressed it so that it would be too big for the internet. Bandwidth is an expensive commodity!!

But I have a VCD compressed version...

For this year, thing should be better. I just bought myself some fresh new equipement and the video will be grabbed and worked on in DV format. So I'll be able to output it to VHS with great quality.. But don't ask me to put it on VHS and send it because I'm not patient enough to copy the video over and over again.. But there should be a hi-res version available...

Now if only I could upgrade the computer... It takes forever to compress those videos!!

As far has my next production is concern, well I just made one a few weeks ago but it's not rally... But you should recognize some cars since it's footage from the Montreal Subaru Club track weekend that was held in july.

You can see it here:
http://subaru.vfr.qc.ca/st-felicien/msc_track_2002_low.wmv

Please right click and save to disk..

Warning! The server is set to a maximum of 15k/sec on download to save the bandwidth. So the download can be pretty slow at times...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts