Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited my local junk yard today for parts for my Celica. There was not single a single celica there. I couldn't even find an alloy wheel there. Pretty pathetic!!

So if any of you guys happen to be at a junk yard, could you keep an eye out for a 86 to 89 toyota celica for me and let me know where the yard is located.

Thank you
Victor

·
Registered
171 Posts
Victor - if you have not changed the hubs - I think many 4 hole pattern rims should work - unless you are looking for a specific rim. Many of the rims with that car are from other cars. (Miata, Honda, something like that) Or you can get a steelie at discount tire for like $40.

Also check CL for a donor car - I will keep my eyes out for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the hubs are 4x100 pretty much standard on everything. The junk yard i went to seriously didn't have a single alloy rim at all. I saw one car with alloy wheels on it and it was a crashed up BMW with bent/smashed wheels that wouldn't fit my car anyways.

Thanks for the help and keeping an eye out.

Victor

·
Rickshaw goin the wrong way...
646 Posts
If it's alloy wheels you're looking for, forget the junkyards. I have never really had any luck finding decent wheels in the junkyards. Try craigslist. Pick up some alloy Honda wheels, they're always on there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I visited my local junk yard today for parts for my Celica. There was not single a single celica there. I couldn't even find an alloy wheel there. Pretty pathetic!!

So if any of you guys happen to be at a junk yard, could you keep an eye out for a 86 to 89 toyota celica for me and let me know where the yard is located.

Thank you
Victor
Try Black Jack's in Delta, they usually have a pretty good import-econo-sport selection as far as Western CO goes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try Black Jack's in Delta, they usually have a pretty good import-econo-sport selection as far as Western CO goes.
I have been meaning to call them but haven't had the chance.

I see that you live in Junction. Im just down the road, well sixty miles anyway. Just trying to get to know everyone. I didn't know there was anyone else on the western slope(other than scott) into rally.

Victor

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
I think the OEM Merkur XR4ti alloys I have sitting out front are 4x100. I have 4 good ones.

And I have 4 15" Mustang 5.0 alloys too- same bolt pattern, different offset.

I am in Steamboat- dont know how far away that is form you & dont know if they will work...

JC

jc595 AT comcast DOT net

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Oh yeah, local guy has a whale tail for $600 and Cossie arches for $600. All genuine, not GRP replicas.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
how many seconds per km are those worth?
The whale tail probably helps with grip.
But the important part is they help to keep you from puking in your mouth when you see your own car. The whale tail being the most important, followed by the cutting of the rear window, followed by the arches (which I don't have as they're not worth it for something I'll likely destroy.) Stock the Merkur is one ugly little ****.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
It's listed for sale. Selling a car requires a buyer, which is doubtful.
However, once we get back from India, it's on in terms of improvements. I haven't touched anything really with the engine yet and am still on the worst ECU, VAM, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, and throttle body. Not to mention stock head, cam, and internals.

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
Grant says, that word begins with a c, followed by a unt. Mark says, hot girls with good camera angles can look even hotter, turn it more, turn it more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts