Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A worthy topic at this time?

What if the two dear gentlemen in PA who lost their lives had not been fellow seasoned rally veterans with some knowledge of the risks they were taking?

What if instead they'd been local folks out for a hike unaware of the high-speed rally taking place?

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts
A legitimate question, since at least one of the rallies I've been in crossed hiking trails (Great North Woods in NH? Can't remember off the top of my head). It was marked in the route book.

In practice, I think there wouldn't be an issue with hikers IN the road, since they'd hear the cars coming and hopefully get out of the way. It'd be the same situation we have now, though, if they were on the side of the road and a car lost control.

At Maine Winter, though, a certain Neon with a stock exhaust running at the back of the pack snuck up on us while we were waiting for sweep to pull us out of the snowbank. I thought it was the sweep truck at first, until it suddenly came flying around the corner at speed.

Maybe there should be a minimum noise level for a car in addition to the max level?

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland

·
Registered
946 Posts
>At Maine Winter, though, a certain Neon with a stock exhaust
>running at the back of the pack snuck up on us while we were
>waiting for sweep to pull us out of the snowbank. I thought
>it was the sweep truck at first, until it suddenly came
>flying around the corner at speed.

Blue Neon not Red, right? I believe that was Al K. 5th overall if I remember correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts