Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. They cause Ammonia spills (pee in the woods) and they do not carry SCCA approved spill kits.

2.They are into the whole "Road less Travelled" thing and are constanly getting lost becuase they have no route book or a navigator to read to them. This costs thousands of tax dollars from the resulting search and rescue effort.

3. Hunderds of search and rescue personel trample great numbers bushes , shrubs and insects on the road less travelled looking for lost back packers.

4. Back Packers cause the needless death of bears by getting themselves eaten on remote trails , so the Forest Service is obliged to shoot the man eating Mama Bear.

5. Crime rates among Juvenile Mountain Lions are way up , these youngsters routinely give into the temptation of the Back Packers as an easy meal. When caught the offenders are ussually given the death penalty. Several elderly lions who were interviewed said this is ravaging a whole generation.

6. Heart disease is way up among Elk , with so many Mama Bears and Juvenile Mountain Lions facing sentencing the Elks are not getting chased as much. This sedentary life coupled with thier diet of fatty grasses has resulted in a morbid obesety epidemic: most Elk now weigh 1200 lbs or more.

7. The rate of substance abuse among Chipmunks has skyrocketed.Back Packers carelessly spill crumbs from their powerbars all over the woods , the little critters become hooked on the processed snacks - it's heart break to see a chubby little chipmunk standing on a log telling passers by "He buddy I'll groom your fur for a dollar"

8. They remove dead vegitation from its sacred burial grounds to start fires and of course they never carry the proper number of 10BC fire extinguishers per the GCR.

9. In an effort to extinguish fires Back packers cause soil erosion by pouring water on the dry ground.

10. Theses people actually defiacte in protected forest , what knid of sick-o would deficate on a National Forest.

Tom

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
LMAO

Wouldn't it be great if we had the technology to post this on one of the EcoTerrorist sites.

Good job.

M.samli

·
Registered
374 Posts
You need an agent my friend!!

One day we will see "TOM GROSSMAN" Live July 1st through Sept 30th" at Caesars Palace sign out front on the strip!

:D :D :D

ROTFLMAO

Jim Wright

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Hey! Am I the only backpackin rally driver on the site? I must say every time we go hiking I end up in my buddys car on some dirt road pushing their car more than they care for and giving a few tips on left foot braking......

These jerks down in WV are just looking for shit to bitch about! The people in town want hotel buisness and dont what the resort taking all of it.... It seems like a big mess and you have a bunch of people that dont have a clue what a rally is making all the fuss......

Sense the event was canceld ill be heading up to Lake Superior Provincial Park for a 4 day hike and the only reason I would
be upset if I saw a rally car at camp next to the fire at 11:00pm is that im not driving it!!!! and little snap crackle pop of
ALS is alright by me any time!!!

Larry Parker
#622 club.........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Funny stuff!

I back pack and Rally.

WV wants to keep "unsafe" drivers like me on public roads...
If I dont get my rally driving fix, I start thinking about buying a radar detector again.:eek:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Actually, as I said in the other thread, the WV people who made the forum aren't petitioning against rally, they're petitioning against mountain-top removal and coal mining in WV, and the rally happened to be headquartered and occurring where the criminal coal operators vacation.

I've had about a week's worth of email with the petition author about it, and he's really passionate about his cause. I checked out a couple of websites he pointed me to, and it really is an appalling thing.

The rally just had the misfortune of taking place where bad people, in his opinion, play and spend their money, and it was a way to strike back at them.

I don't understand the logic myself, personally. It's like petitioning against backpackers because you don't support baseball.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look go back packing if you like but remember to bring the proper number of 10BC extinguishers and your SCCA approved spill kit. Also if you must take the road less traveled bring a route book , make note of the triple cautions - you know where it says "Moose Dung slippy maybe" and "angry bear over crest" !!!

Tom

·
Registered
113 Posts
1. They cause Ammonia spills (pee in the woods) and they do not carry SCCA approved spill kits.

These levels are well below the limits set out in the Tree huggers handbook!!!!!!

2.They are into the whole "Road less Travelled" thing and are constanly getting lost becuase they have no route book or a navigator to read to them. This costs thousands of tax dollars from the resulting search and rescue effort.

In true American style, IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT!!!! George has allocated far too much funding to deposing Sadam that the National Park Service doesn't have funding to provide accurate maps!!!!

3. Hunderds of search and rescue personel trample great numbers bushes , shrubs and insects on the road less travelled looking for lost back packers.

Search and Rescue class this as collatoral damage and all part of their training in case Air Force One goes down one day and they have to be fully prepared to save the boss.

4. Back Packers cause the needless death of bears by getting themselves eaten on remote trails , so the Forest Service is obliged to shoot the man eating Mama Bear.

If Mamma Bear would eat her damn porrige and not leave it for Goldilocks she wouldn't have an appetite for human flesh!!!

5. Crime rates among Juvenile Mountain Lions are way up , these youngsters routinely give into the temptation of the Back Packers as an easy meal. When caught the offenders are ussually given the death penalty. Several elderly lions who were interviewed said this is ravaging a whole generation.

Typical of the young generation, always going for the convenience food and not what is really good for them. See, this junk food does shorten ya life!!!!

6. Heart disease is way up among Elk , with so many Mama Bears and Juvenile Mountain Lions facing sentencing the Elks are not getting chased as much. This sedentary life coupled with thier diet of fatty grasses has resulted in a morbid obesety epidemic: most Elk now weigh 1200 lbs or more.

The Elk are getting enough exercise, latest stats show the birth rate is way up!!! The females should just run a bit longer and play hard to get instead of being tarts!!!

7. The rate of substance abuse among Chipmunks has skyrocketed.Back Packers carelessly spill crumbs from their powerbars all over the woods , the little critters become hooked on the processed snacks - it's heart break to see a chubby little chipmunk standing on a log telling passers by "He buddy I'll groom your fur for a dollar"

Substance abuse amongst Chipmunks was caused by Chip 'n Dale making it big in Hollywood and going home with all their wealth and spending it on the high life and hooking all the other chipmunks onto substances previously foreign to them.

8. They remove dead vegitation from its sacred burial grounds to start fires and of course they never carry the proper number of 10BC fire extinguishers per the GCR.

Dehydration, from walking so far means their bladders don't have the capacity to put out the fires they start plus the flatulence, from eating to many mung beans and tofu, fans the ashes and causes normally harmless camp fires to erupt.

9. In an effort to extinguish fires Back packers cause soil erosion by pouring water on the dry ground.

This is false as they always camp on a level surface so water would not have a run-off. They camp on level surfaces so they can have nookie in their tents at night. They remember well the words of Confusious. "Man who make love on side of hill, not on the level"

10. Theses people actually defiacte in protected forest , what knid of sick-o would deficate on a National Forest.

They live by the word, "What you remove from the earth, you must return" It is bio-degradable and great for plantlife, try it yourself, just not on ya houseplants!!! It's not nice inside and besides, ya might fall off the window ledge and injure yerself while trying to take a dump on the ferns.

I never thought I'd be defending the tree hugging, back-packing Acedemia of the world, but maybe they aren't that bad afterall, when ya play Devil's Advocate!!!!!!

Thanks Tom, for stimulating my warped mind as much as yours got stimulated.

Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts