Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
I've watched that clip a bunch of times on tv and here and I still can't tell for sure what that "object" is on the right side of the road that Tommi seemingly flips over on his last barrel roll just before settling back to terra firma. It seems to be moving some. If it is in fact a person, they were darned lucky. Maybe they should buy the lottery ticket.

·
Registered
281 Posts
no, I'm pretty sure it was intentional.. you know the type... lean WAAAYYY out into the stage, outstreched arm, hoping to touch glory. Well this guy just figured it was gonna touch him. Like divine intervention, the rally gods have decided to grace me with being touched, it was meant to be... He was mighty depressed when the car missed him. He could be heard saying "why me, what did I do so wrong to deserve this"...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Pfudge and pfooey.

Netscrape downloads it as machine language.

Internet Exploder downloads it audio only.

Where else can I go to see this automotive aerial pas de deux?

Charlie KA8OQF

·
Registered
38 Posts
You?ll need Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player 8. I tried it on Netscape and got the same text. &$#$$%^&* Bill Gates!

·
Sucker for good roads
717 Posts
I don't get cable, satellite, or Speed Channel, so imagine my pleasure at seeing the roll 3 times in a row on the local CBS Sports News last night! They talked briefly about the event and the cars, too! I sure was wondering if that was a person standing there under Makinen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts