Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm desperately looking for a shock for a rally application '87 CRX. Koni has discontinued their '87 CRX applications:-( . The only shock I have found so far is a Tokico shock, and it's not rally specific. Any one with experience with Tokico's? Don't have the funds for a custom suspension.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They ain't worth spit...

At best they'll last one rally...ask scott comens...he's been through every damn shock you can think of for his neon...on of the first was Tokico...he came home from the ski sawmill rally school with what might as well have been steel rods in the rear ...they had siezed up that bad...

I know two people (non race drivers) who have put them in their street cars and had to swap them in less than 6 months...

bilstein HD's are $100 US per corner...and A ton better than tokicos..but still not true rally spec....

Also check with Peter from Motorsports distributing about hotbits (what scott is using now)

·
Registered
48 Posts
The 323 (2wd) has tokico's on it. The back shocks are actually for the rear of an MR2, but we get fairly decent longevity out of them when we don't pull the strut out of its mount and bang it around in the wheel well for a good while. They definatly are not DMS (or gravel spec even), but are adjustable and seem to have not puked all over themselves too badly. We use the iliminati series BTW.

EDIT: Ooops, they are the Illumina Tokicos BTW. Not to be confused with the secret orginization, Illuminati...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Get some HDs (if they make them). Most likely the best durrability for your buck.
A fun thing to look into would be finding out if you can through integra suspension in that lil' crx of yours.
Second generation integra suspension fits right into second gen CRXs as long as you have rear disk. Also 3rd generation stuff can be made to work easily also. The great part about this is that its super easy to get off of ebay for next to nothing.
Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also had a set of Tokico's. after 2 rallies, they started leaking fluid. I would not recommend tokico's for a rally car, it can't take that kind of punishment.

Kev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts