Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
I've been there a few times. Didn't even have to look at the description scribbled on the bottom of the photo.

To see a very similar view from more recent times go to the website listed below - then follow this trail...
-> Photos -> Personal Photos -> near the bottom of the page is the photo you want...

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...brf...someday I'll look at the entire picture before making rash statements...didn't even see the writing on it...as Mom refers to 'em, musta been having a 'senior moment'...correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this shot looking back toward the famed yump (as in, the old car in the shot's going against rally traffic?)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes Charlie that car is going counter rally. Now how's he supposed to get any decent notes doing that? That's a great old picture. ;)

Chuck Ashton

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Isn't he heading the wrong way down the stage?

Is there a flathead multiplier for Historic / G5?

I've never before seen (thank God), what the other side of that wall
looks like.

Hey Chuck, remember me?

I still have some old pictures you shot of my 510.

I remember you had a black arrow, Gary Haberny and I used
to see you at Akron Sports Car Club autocrosses at cloverleaf speedway. That was like 20 years ago?

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes Mike I do remember you. I've been to a few rallies in the last couple of years, but have yet to run into you to have a talk about the olden days. You sure peddle that Mustang faster than the old 510. I lost track of Gary do you know how he's doing? I'll make a effort to find you at STPR. One more thing, what's going to replace that great Mustang?

Chuck Ashton

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
>......correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this shot
>looking back toward the famed yump (as in, the old car in
>the shot's going against rally traffic?)?

Yes the car is going against rally traffic. The shot is taken at a place that would put it between the 1 and 2 mile mark along the stage. The stone blocks are still there today - but their condition is much worse than shown in the photo. The big yump is still another two miles or so in the other direction.

My photo is taken looking in the direction of rally traffic. That is to say toward the west. I don't recall exactly where we were at the time. There is no point of reference in the foreground and every time I've been on this road, since my photo was taken, I have not been in a position to site-see.

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts