Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Official pre-sweep vehicle
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, in this forum, we began a discussion as to how we can grow the historic class. That thread generated 113 replies and an idea for a vintage rally car championship. Another couple threads and 45 more replies, we thought we had enough input to write some code. Today I am pleased to announce that the VRCC has gone live.

In short, if your rally car was made before 1990, we have a no-cost series for you. All you need to do is sign up. Please check it out at www.VintageRallyCarChampionship.org.

Thanks.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I do have some plans to make my 2002 into a rally car......get some 510s and some Alfas and we got ourselves a challenge!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jim great job on putting this together, I know you worked hard on this for the love of the vintage racing. When I built my 240 I was hoping that it was the right timing to help spark interest in the vintage racing. I applaud every one that views the Historic site and there input into the heritage of vintage racing. This is truly the beginning of real vintage rally in the US.

Rallymeister/Brian Scott

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greets from Finland, and thanks for great news...
Historic, or Vintage rallying is the only rising sport here in Europe, still affordable, if You choose the right car =), still the original spirit of rallying, and most important, Fun...
Check this site: http://www.historicralli.net/galleria/index.php?cat=12
It has a lot of pics form past decade of Finnish Historic rallying, last event a week ago we had 118 starters when on next weekends Finnish Championship series event has about 60...

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
Awesome job, I've stickied this thread.

We should also consider setting up your own forum here like MaxAttack has.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I dunno how many vintages are going to be at IR, but I plan on debuting the "new car" there, and it's a nice vintage rwd! This is providing everything works out...

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
... We should also consider setting up your own forum here like MaxAttack has.
This is our forum. VRCC was born here. We need to consolidate the historic/vintage croud, not fragment it. I promise to check SpecialStage/Historic frequently for ideas and suggestions regarding our segment of this sport.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dunno how many vintages are going to be at IR, but I plan on debuting the "new car" there, and it's a nice vintage rwd! This is providing everything works out...
I hope everything works out. When you take a break from wrenching the new old car, remember to register at vintagerallycarchampionship.org.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hoping we can get a subset of h class cars to attend Idaho.
So far we have three cars.
Jeff Hendricks-Rotary PU
Brian Scott-240Z
Roger Hull-Datsun 510
Anyone else?

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hoping we can get a subset of h class cars to attend Idaho.
So far we have three cars.
Jeff Hendricks-Rotary PU
Brian Scott-240Z
Roger Hull-Datsun 510
Anyone else?
Make that four, we'll be at Idaho with our '74 Volvo 142.

I wouldn't count on an H class because Idaho is NASA-RS, not R-A. Anyway, Idaho is a Vintage Rally Car Championship event, so we will all get VRCC points regardless of the sanctioning body or event organizer class structure. Just remember to register at vintagerallycarchampoinship.org.

Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have received, and posted, a lot of great action pictures of vintage rally cars, but we still have room for more. If you are currently running a pre-1990 car in U.S. or Canadian performance rallies, including Targa Newfoundland, please visit VintageRallyCarChampionship.org. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
We have linked up and support the Vintage RallyCar Championship for Bilstein USA Southwest RallyCup Series. A blog should be up on the series website about the championship very soon.

At Seed 9 Rally we should be able to show the class on registration with RA...since we will be doing registrations on the RA website.

We shall see what we can come up with for the historic class at that event. So put on your calendar Nov 6th in Jean, Nevada near Las Vegas. It will be day and night stages.

Denise McMahon
Series Director
Bilstein USA Southwest RallyCup Series

Supporter of Vintage RallyCup Championship

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you, Denise, for supporting the Vintage Rally Car Championship.

We ran Seed 9 last year and had a blast. A really great event not to be missed, regardless of the age of your car.

Jim Robison

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
VRCC

Well, I think it's time to dust off my old reliable and get her ready.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts