Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen it...

the cop cars in that movie are Peugeot 206 (i think) and they look so small compared to their WRC counterparts

- Sumit

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Peugeot 206 street car is smaller in every dimension (except height) than the WRC car. As I recall, the rally car is longer, obviously wider, and also lower. They had to make 5000 special edition 206s with the longer wheelbase in order to do this, and they're available in Europe only with the same 115 hp engine as the regular xs or whatever it's called. I'm not entirely sure about the details, but that's the truth as far as my memory serves me.

206s aren't really that small.. at least when your frame of reference is other tiny (awesome as anything) European cars.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>The Peugeot 206 street car is smaller in every dimension
>(except height) than the WRC car. As I recall, the rally
>car is longer, obviously wider, and also lower. They had to
>make 5000 special edition 206s with the longer wheelbase in
>order to do this, and they're available in Europe only with
>the same 115 hp engine as the regular xs or whatever it's
>called. I'm not entirely sure about the details, but that's
>the truth as far as my memory serves me.

I didn't think they changed the wheelbase for the homologation special, I thought that they just had to have bumper extensions to meet the minimum length for a WRC.

Adrian

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>The Peugeot 206 street car is smaller in every dimension
>(except height) than the WRC car. As I recall, the rally
>car is longer, obviously wider, and also lower. They had to
>make 5000 special edition 206s with the longer wheelbase in
>order to do this, and they're available in Europe only with
>the same 115 hp engine as the regular xs or whatever it's
>called. I'm not entirely sure about the details, but that's
>the truth as far as my memory serves me.
>
>206s aren't really that small.. at least when your frame of
>reference is other tiny (awesome as anything) European cars.

Reminds me of the Group B era. All that special homologation version being sold on the street. I think taht all the manufacturers should sell an AWD turbo street car for their WRC counterpart

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>I think taht all the
>manufacturers should sell an AWD turbo street car for their
>WRC counterpart

Of course, the reason that we have so many different manufacturers in the WRC is that the FIA stopped requiring them to do just that.

Adrian

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agreed,

but the way that i look at it, a manufacturer is spending million$ on a WRC program every year, now how hard can it be to make a 2.0T AWD car without a lot of overhead, since the development is done by the rally team anyways, and it will be a revenue source as well, so its not like they will lose money.

- Sumit
RallySport
www.rallysportonline.com

·
don't cut
4,073 Posts
Unfortunately, the development of a rally car does not translate over to a street car. The required crash tests, etc. are not done with rally cars. This is almost but not quite like saying how hard would it be for Chevy to bring out a RWD Monte Carlo again since Jeff Gordon has done the development. Please note that this comment refers to WRC cars much more than Group N.
Richard

·
Registered
162 Posts
I will back Morgan up on this. We saw this at LSPR with Troy lee and gang while waiting to go home. The movie started out mediocre and got worse. Very "fast and furious" like.

Bob Campbell
[email protected]
BCR Rallysport
Colorado Springs, CO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts