Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Ray:

Did the competitors ask for single service or the manufacture (was manufacturers...)?

Not a real issue -- just want to understand if your CERs really reflected and overwhelming preference for single service areas.

Sorry to pick nits -- Rim has some great advantages and we are all glad to see the "show" in addition to a great event.

Good Luck in all your endevours.

Mike

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
That was the root of my question.

And as an orgainizer and competitor I understand the hassle of logistics from both sides.

I would imagine most competitors would vote for single service areas, it keeps things simple.

The reality of most events is that they could run a better sequence of stages or less transit if they can move the service crews.

So if the majority of competitors really made a strong case for single service areas then we have a real need and a real demand.

In this case I think it is a manufacturers/TV thing, not a bad reason but I think its important to understand what needs you are trying to satisfy -- its the why behind the what that often gets forgotten.

Luckily Sno*Drift has no such problems: one service area per day for the forseeable future...

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.