Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
>Co-drivers don't get no respect.

I can't imagine what you're on about. From the quoted page, I read:

"Sitting beside him is his sister Nathalie who became co-driver for Pat in 2004."

"Matt has had Ole Holter in the right seat since Sno*Drift 2005. Ole is known as one of the most dedicated, precise, and enthusiastic co-drivers in the RA Championship."

"Also a big help to Ken has been the experience and advice of his veteran co-driver Alex Gelsomino."

"Johnson has teamed up with Wendy Robinson Nakamoto as his new co-driver for 2005. Wendy grew up in a racing family and competed on the Baja 1000 in her youth. Based in Sacramento, California, Wendy works as a hair dresser in Sacramento and Beverly Hills."

"His co-driver Carolyn Bosley has won divisional co-driving championships in 1999, 2000 and 2001."

"Travis is determined to make this year a learning year and is teamed with experienced co-driver Christian Edstrom."

"Tanner?s co-driver and former boss, Scott Crouch, has been a co-driver in rally racing for 2 years. He is a principal at Boulder?s Flatirons Subaru and spends his time away from racing and work with his two daughters, son and wife, Libby.."

"Peter Monin has been Otis' co-driver since 2002. They had great chemistry from day one, making them inseparable ever since. Peter has been involved in motorsports for many years."

Seems like co-drivers are getting more than a fair shake. Heck, we just read the notes... But if you want to read more about co-driving, do turn your browser to www.christianedstrom.com. It's all co-driving, all the time!

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
Registered
408 Posts
Anyone know who wrote that stuff? I don't think it is very accurate. For example, according to RallyRacingNews.com, Carolyn Bosley won the PGT co-driver's championship in 2002 and 2003, not 99, 00 and 01.

·
Couch rallyist!
344 Posts
>Maybe he'd be rallying.... its not like you are....

Thanks for the laugh! The image of Hefner in a rally car all pimped out is great, as is the zing against the arm-chair rallist!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>Thanks for the laugh! The image of Hefner in a rally car all
>pimped out is great, as is the zing against the arm-chair
>rallist!

That was a joke? Well, maybe for an armchair comedian.

As for my point.... http://www.rally-america.com/topteams.php

The "Top Teams" page has photos of the drivers and cars, but not co-drivers. Now that is comedy... intentional or not.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
>Anyone know who wrote that stuff? I don't think it is very
>accurate. For example, according to RallyRacingNews.com,
>Carolyn Bosley won the PGT co-driver's championship in 2002
>and 2003, not 99, 00 and 01.

What does a couple of years difference make... or are you suggesting there should be accuracy in reporting? Did you know I'm going to be on the cover of the National Equirer? Yep... I really did give birth to a three-headed extra-terrestrial baby.

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Thanks for pointing out the error on the bio... I'll have the writers review it and correct it if they were wrong and you are right.

J.B. Niday
Watch Rally America on OLN!

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
>The "Top Teams" page has photos of the drivers and cars, but
>not co-drivers. Now that is comedy... intentional or not.

I, for one, am delighted that this is a problem of such marked proportion as to require discussion on a competitor bulletin board. I mean, really, how will we live without another picture of Peter Monin? No, really.

Seriously, I don't think anyone got into co-driving to "get famous." Most of us don't even care about the co-driver trophies. It's all about getting the driver to go better. If he wins, you've done your job.

- Christian

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
>Seriously, I don't think anyone got into co-driving to "get
>famous." Most of us don't even care about the co-driver
>trophies. It's all about getting the driver to go better. If
>he wins, you've done your job.

Ahhhh... how refreshing. If only life was always so covered in rose petals.

I don't care. No, really, I don't. It's merely an observation.

However....

I think the co-drivers should be pictured. Team spirit and all that rot, don't ya know. Also... co-drivers tend to be prettier and more photogenic than those type-A, surly, meany driver-types.

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts
12 more posts like that this week and you'll have your first achievment in rally in a long time. 1000 constructive posts in your first year of "participation"! Congratulations!

Christian is right, I don't care for accolades, I helped make my driver better than he thought possible and we had a lot of fun doing it this weekend. IMHO if you get in the car as a codriver for any other reason your just silly.

And lastly if you thought about it for a second you would realize those bios are for marketing to the new and casual fan. In modern autosports those are the first 2 keys to identifying with the competitor, after that if really interested they might notice the guy/gal in the right seat. So what?

Bernie

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well, Jens, I wasn't trying to trash anyone with that post. Just wanted to find out who wrote it so that it could be verified.

I suspect that when someone has a zillion things to write for a site, sometimes one person's info gets confused with another's. No big deal. That's why we have proof readers.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't think you were trying to trash anyone. For that matter.. I'm not trashing anyone. It strikes me as funny that the top team page has photos of drivers and cars, but no co-drivers. No biggie. I'm sorry I brought it up.

I should be so lucky to have people in real life take me as seriously as they do here. I'm gonna go crawl back under my rock.

Sheesh....

·
Couch rallyist!
344 Posts
> I'm sorry I brought it up.

Don't be. It's not the fact that you bring things like this up, it's the manner in which you do so.

If you aren't an armchair rallyist what rallies may we have seen you at? You are in CT, right? Get out of your armchair and come to the rally happy hour in NYC on Friday night (see my post in NEDiv)!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>> I'm sorry I brought it up.
>
>Don't be. It's not the fact that you bring things like this
>up, it's the manner in which you do so.
>

I was very disappointed not to see Jens at STPR or Maine this year. The rally community can profit from a gadfly, but it needs to be someone who actually appears to be in touch with events, cars, people...not one who merely takes pot shots from his living room.

Come on, Jens, get to a rally or two...or the NYC happy hour...or someplace rally people gather. You've often said that if people met you, they'd understand your posts better.

Bruce

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
call out

And we were just in Monticello NY last weekend. That has to be the closest rally to Mansfield CT, doesn't it?

press on,

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
RE: call out

I would hope that everyone would keep in mind that:

a) Jens was competing in rallies long before most folks here knew the word
b) Traveling about with heart problems is not trivial; Jens has had serious heart surgery a few years back

Yeah, he's hard to take and figure sometimes, but know the whole deal before you take too many potshots.

Mark B.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RE: call out

Oh boy am I going to get myself in trouble now.

>b) Traveling about with heart problems is not trivial; Jens
>has had serious heart surgery a few years back

Before too many rumors start flying..... My heart is fine. They fixed it. On the other hand my bank account is terminal, so I am not rallying right now if ever again.

So how am I going to get myself in trouble? Here ya go..
As for the "call out". Hmmmm... I go to rallies to drive, not to spectate. Rally is not a spectator sport; rather, it is a snooze out in the forest with the bugs, snow, rain, etc. Yuck!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts