·
400 flat to crest
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
400 flat to crest
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
7K (avg around $32K USD - that's $43K CAN)
>
>Note that the used 206s are selling with a few spares, close
>to the brand new price.
>
>You'd think we'd want to try and do better than that - a one
>make series is about driving. The greater number of drivers
>competing the better right?
>
>Robin
Actually single make series DONE THIS WAY are about PROMOTION.

And boys, that's the point of the separate post.
A contrast with the innuendo and posturing and "well I heard" and in short the focusing on the CAR, and what seems like to me some sort of reverse bragging about how well connected one is with this "I can't say, but......." stuff.

To make it a bit more clear:
Without THIS sort of support, there will not be any large numbers, and without large numbers it seems to me that the hinted at thing will be just a Press Release Excercise, and I rank "For Immediate Release" things as just that, as soon as I see those dumb and meaningless words, I release the thing, right over the trash can.

And since there doesn't appear to be the will to make a broad deep single make series, which does need MFG support, what's the point in yakking about what is the norm, a few guys yakked their way into what appears to maybe possibly be a way for getting somebody to cover some of their costs so they can go PLAY at driving.

However just for some interesting details, look at the way SUBSTANTIAL PER EVENT prizes, premiums and even gas and gift certificates are payed out PER EVENT, 80,000FF per event on 6 events in the SuperSaxo, or in Amerikanski Valuta about HALF OF THE YEAR END AWARD For Sub-a-rat win for GpN.

It's clear that there is a significant difference in INTENTION in the way promotion, and prizes and depth of payout is done in France.

Some folks might suggest that their _real_ intention is spend whatever is needed to make sure that there are more Froggies in International and World competition just to block the aspirations of all the latent American talent, remember, when you've been around a wwhile, you'll see that the French just aren't trustworthy.

But after 2 seasons in France, I didn't see that and I know what their intent is.

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/

·
400 flat to crest
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
oi oi Ciara, so testy?

>There are good and bad things about both series (French and
>Uk 206 Championships). I posted my reply to show what the UK
>series is doing for next year as an alternative view. I was
>not aware that debate and comparison was not allowed on this
>forum. Apologies !!!!!!!

Ciara, I think you're Irish, no? I think you can really contribute a lot to this forum, since there is a rather healthy rally scene in Ireland (Hey, what's Jim Tolerton from Lisburn doing these days?) but I put this on the USA forum and not the World Forum because I intended the discussion to be relevant to the US scene. OK?
Can we all have a hug group hug, now, yeeeeeeees that's better.
Hey watch yer hands, eh!
The point about posting these French single make series was to simply show that it take some sort of OPEN Clear, readily accessable information about a single make series including the costs and the prizes and the persons to contact to make something a Competition and not just place for a few guys who have maybe squirmed their way or barraged the world with enough resumés to gag a maggot and stubled over some deal for themselves.
See Ciara, unlike any other country where I have ever been, including just last week in the People's Rebublic of China, and I know for sure in UK, Ireland, France, Sweden, and Finland, OZ, NZ, the center, the hub of motorsports is missing in USA, and that hub is the MotorClub.

So maybe you don't quite understand how the lack of motorclubs becomes a choke point, and the possesion of information in itself becomes a commodity which most here hoard rather than share.

I put this up not to discuss or debate Frenchie or Engleski or Irish single makes but rather to say this:
If we don't have even this sort of support for the series as a whole and with contact names of who to talk to printed abavailable for all to see, I repeat WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SORT OF SUPPORT GIVEN AWAY TO THE SMALLEST CLASS FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY to compete in a Nation about 1/3 the size of the US,
WHAT CAN WE DO _OURSELVES_?

Can we finally, by ourselves, on our own, institute a VW Golf Cup?
Produce rules and stick to them, calculate results ourselves and then when it has gelled, can the paricipants of this Golf Cup sell the naming rights to the Golf Cup to a small sponor themselves?

I mean I really have no interest in P class at all, and think it should go away, and PGT and GpN are ESSENTIALLY the same thing and with the limits and consequent continual efforts at circumventing the rules, neithr of those classes interest me so that leaves the classes where the spec is free-er, so it occured to me rather than waiting for "Next Year in Jerusalem"*, what about participants in a given class taking control of the class including it's marketing?? Just for them in the that class.

Smaller sponsor might find that more palatable, no?

*Next year in Jerusalem we will enter the Promised Land!" an old folk tale and song. Here referring to the endless promises and wait for the BIG TIME.
John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.