Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are getting ready for the Pines...
its going to be our firts performance rallye...

Iv been whatching all of he past Tall pines TV show from the past year so i could get mentaly kind of prep for that event...

The winter road and summer ditch seam like a lot of unforgiving funn...

its freaking cool over here..in ottawa..i gess it the same in Bancroft...so snow....let just say that i wont forget my snow tires.

i would like to ask your advise on that rally..is it a car braker ? any Big jump ? are the road very hard or is it generaly smooth... if you stay on the road ?

is there a hi number of flat tire appening there ?

any special advise for that ralllye...since its our first one ?
on driving and logistic ?

we ordored the descriptive stage note..was it a good move for a firts time? we are use to quebec sprint rallye stage note...

im very exited..i cant whait :9

Cheers!

Ont va lavoire notre permis d'bières !!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ok, I have limited experience at the pines, BUT I recently drove quite a bit of the route on the road work day. From that I can tell you that there are nice wide fast roads, and some narrower more rough roads. The roads that were the smoothest were usually the widest. There are a few places in egan creek this year that if you do not slow down you WILL break as there are several (6?) little fords made out of HUGE limestone rocks. But overall I would say its very very far from a car breaker. My little tercel made it through just fine thankyou. Like I said I don't really know what the 'real' rallyists would say, but I thought it was not even close to a car breaker(provided you stay between the trees ;) ) Perhaps some of the numerous rallyists here who have participated in the pines can shed some more light on the conditions.

In any case the event should be spectacular this year. Keith Townsend and crew have put in a phenomonal amount of work into it and it looks as though it will pay off handily!

Cheers
John Vanos

·
Registered
315 Posts
>i would like to ask your advise on that rally..is it a car
>braker ? any Big jump ? are the road very hard or is it
>generaly smooth... if you stay on the road ?

The roads are pretty smooth, but in previous years, the roads that were used more than once got a bit chewed up if there wasn't any snow.

This usually isn't too much of a problem if there's snow/ice though.

>is there a hi number of flat tire appening there ?

No more than any other rally, I think.

>any special advise for that ralllye...since its our first
>one ?

Watch out for Castledine's corner - it's clearly marked in the route book, but it catches people every year. Much of the rally is run at night, too, so make sure you have good lights.

The roads in general have tremendous variation. Some are wide and fast, others are narrow and slow. Some are a bit rough, some are smooth.

>im very exited..i cant whait :9

Neither can I. See you there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts