Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
"So the S1, forbidden by the rules from moving its engine location, moved everything else the engineers could haul back towards the tail ? including the huge radiator and its twin fans, the oil-cooler, the battery, even the alternator, back into the ?luggage compartment?, to shift the weight distribution as nearly as possible towards the mid-engined ideal."

Okay, I understand most of this stuff, but I can't quite grasp having the alternator in the trunk. How does one make that work anyway?

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
26 Posts
They ran it off the driveline just ahead of the diff!!

does anyone know why other maufactures could and did move the motor to midengine and Audi could not?

Todd

?OF COURSE SHE WON THE TALENT CONTEST, SHE PICKED HER SELF UP LIKE A BOWLING BALL!!!!? MXC

·
Registered
250 Posts
my guess is that Ford/Peugeot etc were willing to build road going cars in that configuration, and Audi was not willing to build a mid-engined road car to meet homologation requiremetns.

Greg,

·
Registered
724 Posts
IF you really want to see some original Stig pics you should get Mustafa Samli (ne Sagsert) to post up his Stig pics alond with a tall skinny turkish kid that we should recognize.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts