Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as alot of you know. I received a skid plate for my golf from Salta. However i'm having mixed feelings to put it on my car vs putting it on the wall for display use. So i'm 50 percent leaning towards putting a clear powder coat on and put it on the car. Or the other 50 is putting it on the wall.
Let me know what you guys think.
Sterling

·
Can't we go any faster?
486 Posts
Is this skid plate a show piece? What's your reason for not putting it on the car?
It's signed by just about everyone that had something to do with Rally Colorado this year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Can't we go any faster?
486 Posts
Yeah and Travis Pastrania
OOOOOOOHHHH....

At this point, I'd hold onto it more for Sarasin's 'graph than "Pastrania's".

And for sentimental value, I wouldn't really put it on much except for a wall or maybe a garage door.

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
no, that's THE travis pastrana.
TP said in the article in the motocross mag that he no longer has WRC aspirations... apparently his groundhog day career of RA championships and X-games medals is good enough for a guy who has the talent and resources to take it to the next level. disappointing. put it on the car just to grind his name off on a rock.

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
Yes, but if you have to go half way around the world, you need to come half way back too, right? Sheesh...I though you engineer types were supposed to be good at math. :p

Dave
grant's the one good at math, i'm the one good at faking it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mark and Dave, how come you guys are derailling from the issue. Caus i think that the title is Mk4 skid plate, not tp leaving the ra circuit.

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
Mark and Dave, how come you guys are derailling from the issue. Caus i think that the title is Mk4 skid plate, not tp leaving the ra circuit.
I've yet to mention TP in my posts. :p Skid plates were meant for grinding on...you should've let people autograph you instead!

Dave

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
we aren't derailing, we are circling, waiting for the thread to almost die, then we pounce with our real answers.

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
we aren't derailing, we are circling, waiting for the thread to almost die, then we pounce with our real answers.
since how famous in Rally TP gets has a dramatic affect on the long term value of the skid plate, analysis of his career path is germane to the subject.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts