Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to congratulate my wife Carrie and sister in-law Stephanie on their first rally (car #32). Carrie usually co-drives for me and Stephanie has never rallied. They weren't the fastest car but they were steady and finished with out any damage.

Scott

·
Registered
724 Posts
Scott glad to hear that you guys did fine, you should also mention that this with the new car! Congratulations ladies I hope ou enjoyed it. Scott Send me some pics so I can post them on the website.

Jeff

·
Straight @ "T"
188 Posts
And great job to Walter's wife Madeline; her first time in the right seat. Best quote of the event was when she told me she wasn't sure if she was more scared of dying or being a minute late into a control. A true co-driver!!
JimB

·
[email protected] -> Magnetic Tree
438 Posts
Every single time Walter and Madeline came into service they had huge grins and gave us the thumbs up.

Once the mayem at our end of the Last Ditch, Team O'Neil service party was over I'd wander down to check on them and got the same story every time. "Yep everything's fine and we're having a great time." What a way to run your first rally!

Congrats to all of the first timers (and there were quite a few of you). You all did great!

Tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats to Carrie & Stephanie. We were next to them at service. Every time Carrie came in, she had this million-dollar smile. Scott was looking all pensive... He definately wanted to be in the car...

Great times!

Tim Meyer..........................ToeJaM Racing

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Scott,

Carrie and I need to conference on her negotiating skills. She obviously sold herself short in getting just 1 drive in the new car.....! :7

Thanks for the service help, and we hope to see Stephanie at more events!!

Mark and Duffy B.

·
Registered
926 Posts
She did great! We accumulated zero road penalties until SS12 where we seem to have checked into the control a minute early - though we thought we were on time.

We ran stage notes all day and she did a real nice job staying staying on pace with me, but it took her about 4 stages to get over her desire to shout.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
>Scott,
>
>Carrie and I need to conference on her negotiating skills.
>She obviously sold herself short in getting just 1 drive in
>the new car.....! :7
>
>Thanks for the service help, and we hope to see Stephanie at
>more events!!
>
>Mark and Duffy B.

We already talked about her driving more events next year. I was afraid that I would never be aloud back in the car after Carrie and Stephanie finished on Saturday. Stephanie has been bitten by the rally bug and is ready to get back in the car.

Scott

·
Registered
901 Posts
>We already talked about her driving more events next year.
>I was afraid that I would never be aloud back in the car
>after Carrie and Stephanie finished on Saturday. Stephanie
>has been bitten by the rally bug and is ready to get back in
>the car.

Good job, ladies!!! I always love it when I see another woman in the driver's seat with a woman as a co-driver; Mom and I aren't so lonely anymore! :)

Will we see you at any of the events out here in the PNW? Hopefully yes! :)

Kristen

·
Registered
9 Posts
"We already talked about her driving more events next year. I was afraid that I would never be aloud back in the car after Carrie and Stephanie finished on Saturday. Stephanie has been bitten by the rally bug and is ready to get back in the car.

Scott"

Congratulations Ladies,
They accomplished one of the most difficult things in their first Rally, Finishing! And without obvious damage is even more impressive, very few can make that claim. Looks like you'll have to get that two car trailer! Also good to hear that Stephanie wants to stay with Rallying, Did you give her the disclaimer "May be addictive"?

Duffy B

·
Registered
83 Posts
Scott,

Tell Carrie I said good job. Hope to see you in the seat (if she will give it up) in January at Sandblast. Great job all around to get the car and it's inagrual run finished with no damage.

Bob Wall

1 - 20 of 20 Posts