Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The small article about SCCA discontinuing the performance rally program is on page 14 of "SportsCar".

I guess rally was always page 14 to the SCCA.

·
Registered
946 Posts
>The small article about SCCA discontinuing the performance
>rally program is on page 14 of "SportsCar".
>
>I guess rally was always page 14 to the SCCA.

That was on a good day.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Final slap? Yeah, right.

You were expecting it to be front page news? I was surprised it even made it into the latest edition of the magazine. I was expecting to read about it in the December edition, if then.

And that it was on page 14... hey, isn't that the closest to the front of the magazine any article about rally, outside of the President's messages, has ever got? Not bad, really.

Repeat after me: You can't dump me! I'm dumping you first!

C'mon, really. You think it's such a bad thing that SCCA has decided not to include rally in its pean of motorsports. Whoop-de-do. We've always been the red-headed stepchild. Now at least we can forge our own path.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
RE: Final slap? Yeah, right.

I suspect that story was written weeks ago to make the mag - in color, too. You don't really think the decision was made in an evening.

G

·

I'm sorry, but I gotta say no to that.... for the reported 6% of membership, go back and look at your SPORTSCAR's for the last three years. For it's percentage of the club, Rally has received a pretty good bit of coverage...

I was dissappointed with the one page also, but that was probably squeezed in at the last minute and there will probably be a writeup in the next one.

I'm tired of all this whining about nobody cares about the poor rallist. I'm new to it and have only done a couple club rallys but everyone in my local car club and local SCCA region has sent me emails following "Black Tuesday" saying they thought it sucked and they were sorry and hoping that rally wouldn't go away and flourish with other organizations. This from die-hard Solo and RoadRace people who have 0.0 interest in rally. Implying that nobody in SCCA cares or isn't upset about this is crap. A hard decision had to be made. I'm not happy about it either, but c'mon...

http://www.treesandturtles.com/

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

Huh? All I implied was that I don't believe this was a snap decision on the part of BoD. It was simply withheld from the membership.

G

·

I'm quite certain they anguished over it and did what they thought was right, I spoke to a board member this weekend and he said it wasn't an easy decision to make (how could it be)and nobody was "happy" about letting rally go....

SCCA is not a democracy, elected board members make the decisions If members aren't happy with the decisions the board makes, then a new board gets elected.

I wasn't directing that specifically at you, sorry.

http://www.treesandturtles.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts